PDA

View Full Version : TAKING THE PLUNGE

tatt2r
08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
going in to do upgrade on monday .... been really humid here in new england and spyder has been running like crap ... at night runs smooth as silk but daytime in the heat very rough .... power steering never worked so i figuare cant get any worse .... so ill take a shot .... it cant run any worse than it has been .... dont get me wrong still drivable but better at night .... i think this thing is a vampire:spyder2: works better when the sun goes down..... :D:D:D

bjt
08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Be sure your tech knows about the other items they are supposed to reset or zero out after they do the software upgrade. TPS is one of the items that they need to reset. Without doing that, your Spyder is trying to run the engine using bad input data.

bone crusher
08-22-2009, 10:02 PM
going in to do upgrade on monday .... been really humid here in new england and spyder has been running like crap ... at night runs smooth as silk but daytime in the heat very rough .... power steering never worked so i figuare cant get any worse .... so ill take a shot .... it cant run any worse than it has been .... dont get me wrong still drivable but better at night .... i think this thing is a vampire:spyder2: works better when the sun goes down..... :D:D:D

You'll be fine...just do as BJT said and reset the bike...

Sopher
08-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Where are you getting it done? I forgot the name of the Hudson place you told me about.

I'm not necessarily liking RT3a Motor Sports. They dont impress me.
We need Gary back!

bjt
08-23-2009, 06:49 AM
A TPS reset is not part of the DPS Service Bulletin from BRP........
The service manager at my dealership that told me this could have been blowing smoke but my Spyder has been running great, better than ever, since having the steering update done and I'm not sure why he would make up stuff about this. :dontknow: I just asked when I was in there having them look at my brakes to see if he had any ideas why some folks have been having issues after having the update done. His explanation pretty much jives with what widowmaker2011 stated in an earlier post that he learned from his service tech. Whether it's specifically spelled out or not, there are probably a few additional steps that need to be done to complete the software upgrade successfully.

jrl.spyder
08-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Where are you getting it done? I forgot the name of the Hudson place you told me about.

I'm not necessarily liking RT3a Motor Sports. They dont impress me.
We need Gary back!

The guys at 3A have been very good to me...Todd and Chris in Service, Jim and Alan in Sales, and Steve, the owner have been on top of my Spyder service.

JMHO

ameobe
08-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Had ours done Friday, 500 miles & no issues so far.:2thumbs:

BumbleBee
08-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Getting mine done on Friday, wish you luck, like you said "can't get any worse"...:pray: