PDA

View Full Version : Smoaks BRP Intel

AVBIZ
10-04-2020, 03:52 AM
Thought I would pass this on- Smoak is a great source for BRP tech and intel. He talks about BRP model year determination: Model year 20/21 (called Early 21) are bikes in production up until Jan 1. After Jan 1 (Called Late 21) bikes are specifically 21 model year with new colors, models and all the upgrades. The 20/21s will get some of the upgrades. Regarding the Ryker; starting with Late 21s They will loose the capless fuel door and be replaced with a conventional gas cap due to dirt winding up in the gas tank.

https://youtu.be/ZmFjaovO0GE

vitodivita
10-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Thanks for this, I wish BRP would put this information out there openly instead of leaving it a mystery. They also mentioned on Facebook that they improved CVT engagement noise by 90% and improved NVH at cruising speed, I'd love to know how they actually did that and test drive one...

ARtraveler
10-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Information is slowly coming together on the 20/21 model year. :bbq: :bbq:

Going to be interesting what people will have to say concerning the 2021 "early" as compared to the 2021 "lates." :popcorn: :popcorn:

MONK
10-04-2020, 02:28 PM
I just skipped to the early/late thing and didn't bother to watch the entire video (I will later). The only "updates" I heard him say were something about more sound deadening material in the fairing and something about a squeaky pulley? Of course, the lates will have all new colors (even though the RT is only offering 1 truly new color, that baby blue, not counting the S2S trim) for what that's worth. What this means to me is that there will be good deals not only on the 2020s but also on the earlys. I guess, as long as you don't want baby blue or the new S2S trim, it would make more sense to buy an early, unless I'm missing something.