PDA

View Full Version : 20 days left

tjfischer
08-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Only 20 days left to my 8 - 10,000 mile excursion.... To and from GatlinBurg

I am finally starting to plan it out. So far the first leg will be heading up the left coast to Olympia National Forest. That will be my first Butt Burner ride. Yes I plan on becomming a member of the Iron Butt Association on this ride.

Second Leg, I may go up into Canada, that part is in the air. I will be going to Glacier Nation Park in Montana.

The third leg I haven't got to yet. I am looking forward to seeing the country on the Spyder. I still have a lot a planning to do, or not. Sometime the best experiences, are when there is no planning at all.....:ohyea:

BumbleBee
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Have a safe trip. Take pics on the way, and have some fun.

HD2CANAM
08-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Sometime the best experiences, are when there is no planning at all.....:ohyea:[/quote]
I have toured for years with a loose plan in mind. One year we decided to just go without any destination. That was the only and last year we ever did that. I like to call it a turning point. Go any way you want and any place you want to see, but always with the turning point or destination in mind. Once you get there and do whatever you started out to do, you turn and either go straight home or wander again, but with home always the final destination. For whatever reason, this seemed to make the trips more settleing. Wierd, but it works for me.:dontknow:

Lamonster
08-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a great run. :2thumbs:

fastfraser
08-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Only 20 days left to my 8 - 10,000 mile excursion.... To and from GatlinBurg

I am finally starting to plan it out. So far the first leg will be heading up the left coast to Olympia National Forest. That will be my first Butt Burner ride. Yes I plan on becomming a member of the Iron Butt Association on this ride.

Second Leg, I may go up into Canada, that part is in the air. I will be going to Glacier Nation Park in Montana.

The third leg I haven't got to yet. I am looking forward to seeing the country on the Spyder. I still have a lot a planning to do, or not. Sometime the best experiences, are when there is no planning at all.....:ohyea:

What some people will do for a BBQ and a Tee-shirt.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Have a safe and enjoyable trip . See you there!!

Bersquack
08-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Make sure to take plenty of pictures.

igor
08-22-2009, 10:17 AM
safe trip

docdoru
08-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Safe rYde TJ :spyder: and looking forward to see you in Gatlinburg.
In order to do a BunBurner (1500 miles in under 24 hours, considered "extreme") you may need to finish a 1000 miles run (SaddleSore).

Spyder#353
08-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Ride safe. See you in Gatlinburg.

smokster
08-23-2009, 10:17 PM
very nice...you will love glacier national park
Be safe Tony

SpyderGirl
08-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm counting down the days too Tony... we leave in 15 days. Be safe and I'll see you in Gatlinburg! :ohyea: