PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to the Troops

irish2themax
08-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I heard something on the radio today that I thought was really cool.

In 2003, up and coming Country singer and Army veteran Rock Lynne started a motorcycle ride called Tribute to the Troops. The purpose of the event is to visit all the families in Minnesota that had lost loved ones in Iraq/Afghanistan. In 2008, the group consisted of 1000 bikes.

I think this is a terrific way to thank the families whose loved ones helped keep our nation free.

A similar event that began in 2007 is conducted in Sioux City, IA.

I suggest anyone who is interested...
1) Look for the event in your state
2) If there isn't one, START one!

I, for one, am going to start one in Martinsburg WV. I am joining the Chapter 2 of US Military Veterans Motorcycle Club here in Martinsburg and am going to get them to host the event. There may be a branch of the USMV-MC in your state already.

Brian

xpeschon
08-21-2009, 01:18 PM
OUSTANDING idea Brian... The best of Luck brother..

Joe

Brevet05
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
It was watching a Veterans' Day ride from Houston to Fort Sam last year where I first decided that the Spyder was the vehicle for me. I hope to take part in the ride this year.

I'm not familiar with the USVMC, but they sound like a great organization. Another option for military cyclists are the Green Knights Military Motorcycle Clubs (http://www.greenknightsmc.com/index.html). There's no chapter in WV, but there are more than 60 worldwide (Including an Irish chapter).

klw
08-22-2009, 11:37 AM
;)Brian, Bill and I have been on a few rydes and benefits with the USMV NY and NJ chapters. They usually have a club meeting during the Roar to the Shore in Wildwood NJ weekend after Labor Day. If your gonna be there let us know we'll get together. Enjoy the fellowship:2thumbs:
Karen
Happy:spyder2:owner

irish2themax
08-22-2009, 12:12 PM
;)Brian, Bill and I have been on a few rydes and benefits with the USMV NY and NJ chapters. They usually have a club meeting during the Roar to the Shore in Wildwood NJ weekend after Labor Day. If your gonna be there let us know we'll get together. Enjoy the fellowship:2thumbs:
Karen
Happy:spyder2:owner

Not this year but maybe next

irish2themax
08-22-2009, 12:13 PM
OUSTANDING idea Brian... The best of Luck brother..

Joe

Not my idea Joe....but I LIKE it!!