PDA

View Full Version : Utter disappointment

ABQSpyder
09-18-2020, 09:19 PM
I just purchased a 2019 F3-Limited.
So today I installed the Led's that I got from La Monster quality product.
Upon removal of the panels the what the heck's going on. I think every panel unnoticeable to the eye when all together had some kind of nick scrape to bare plastic all paint rubbed off.
Then it got real exciting when I tried to remove the second headlight on the left facing the bike. I had removed all the screws and the housing barely moved. The other side was no problem and came out relatively easy but this one wasn't coming out. I pulled again and it finally released but the adjust cable came off. Some genius in Canada had routed over cabling and zip tided it. Totally frustrated I put it back together and will do the cable another day. This is my third Spyder and the other two were nothing like this, very Sad. Oh It was also missing a rubber grommet for the access cover to get to the radiator. Getting ready for a trip hope it doesn't fall apart.

BeRight
09-18-2020, 09:33 PM
Unbelievable:gaah:

RICZ
09-18-2020, 09:52 PM
From the date of purchase, I enter into a log everything, especially things that aren't right. Dates and times are there as well as visits to the dealer and work done. More than once, this has helped in winning disputes. Looks like you should start yours with supporting photos.

trong
09-18-2020, 11:45 PM
Have the Spyder F3s been made in Canada? Or have BRP move the production line to far east Asia?

jaherbst
09-19-2020, 08:33 AM
How about Mexico?

The largest storage yard for Can AM new Spyder's is just east of El Paso TX. 1/2 square mile stacked 3 high. I know they are not made in El Paso. This is the Largest distribution center for Can Am I have ever seen.

Jack

LifeLongRider
09-19-2020, 08:39 AM
ABQ, you haven't said whether or not you purchased your 2019 brand new from a dealer or "previously owned". Had the body panels been previously removed to your knowledge? More than a few of us have had ours apart, yes, all body panels, headlights, etc. and have not experienced what you describe. Fit and finish on mine was excellent. Easily disassembled and just as easily reassembled. No unexpected cable-ties, etc. Comments from members such as "Unbelievable" and "Or have BRP move the production line to far east Asia?" are uncalled for. Issues such as you describe; "every panel unnoticeable to the eye when all together had some kind of nick scrape to bare plastic all paint rubbed off" just doesn't sound like something that would get past BRP quality control inspectors.

I will say, however, that in all likelihood, and although my 2019 F3Ltd is my first Spyder, it will probably be my last. I purchased the BEST extended warranty shortly after initial purchase and will under no circumstances keep it past the total warranty period of five years, maybe less depending on milage. Just too costly to maintain after that for someone who must rely on their dealer for major services. I really like my Spyder and have had excellent service from it - and I don't expect that to change. 10K miles now and absolutely no issues.

But - having an engineering background and having been on Gold Wings for many years, I can easily see that, in my eyes, BRP doesn't match up to the engineering standards of Honda for instance. I've literally traveled all over the country on Gold Wings and never worried about break-downs. Total 100% faith in the machine, and although I've never had any issues, I don't have that same faith in my current ride, and for what my Spyder F3Ltd cost, I expected more from an engineering / design standpoint (although the 2020's have gone a long way in addressing some issues). I went into Spyder ownership totally blind, never even talked to any owners, absolutely an unsuspecting newbie So, the answer for me is simple, keep the Spyder as long as it has a warranty on it and then go back to a two-wheeler with shaft drive that I know I can trust.

But again, I don't believe that issues like you are describing are common, rare even. If in fact your Spyder was brand new and came out of the factory like you describe, then shame on BRP, it's just hard to believe.

Mikey
09-19-2020, 08:43 AM
How about Mexico?

The largest storage yard for Can AM new Spyder's is just east of El Paso TX. 1/2 square mile stacked 3 high. I know they are not made in El Paso. This is the Largest distribution center for Can Am I have ever seen.

Jack

That's why mine wants to turn into a Mexican eatery all the time!!!!:gaah:

trikermutha
09-19-2020, 10:21 AM
How about Mexico?

Jack

Like to see a picture of that! ;)

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-19-2020, 10:51 AM
How about Mexico?

Jack

From here: https://www.brp.com/en/about-brp/our-locations/manufacturing-facilities.html

OUR MEXICAN FACILITIES

Our Mexican footprint has grown over the years. We now have two plants in Juárez where we manufacture our Can-Am off-road vehicles. In Querétaro, we assemble our Sea-Doo watercraft and the Rotax engines for our Can-Am off-road vehicles. .

2001: Juárez 1
2013: Querétaro
2016: Juárez 2

Lew L
09-19-2020, 10:56 AM
Like to see a picture of that! ;)

Ya , Me too. Could all those thousands of crates be some other CanAm products????

ABQ,
Sorry to hear of your woes with your :spyder2: There are many good Spyders out there. I consider mine one of them . BUT---- sometimes I think the BRP design engineers were/are smoking loco weed ( this modern weed is pretty potent) . This site is full of their silly attempts at good engineering. I won't even start to list them. But----- I didn't hesitate for a second to take my wife on a weeks long vacation to northern Cal. and the LOST Coast road ( almost a trail). I've done lots of farkels and been inside the tupperware many times. Some of the plastic tabs are really wimpy. I'll be keeping my Spyder till the wheels fall off( given the topic-- I could just say a long time).

Lew L

ABQSpyder
09-19-2020, 12:55 PM
Brand New !
My 2015 F3-S was put together a heck of a lot better than this one!

canamjhb
09-19-2020, 01:18 PM
I wonder if some greasy handed, $9.00 per hour employee, with an imagination did the dealer prep on your machine before you took delivery.....?

trikermutha
09-19-2020, 02:49 PM
Its does not matter what amount someone makes , its all about integrity and pride on what you do!

Lew L
09-19-2020, 07:38 PM
+1 Best way to get a raise is to have integrity at work and attention to detail with some pride in what you do. Also this helps :

" If you're early-you're on time, if your on time-- you're late, if you're late-- your fired"

Mike0123
09-20-2020, 06:55 PM
Its does not matter what amount someone makes , its all about integrity and pride on what you do!
Unfortunately, generally missing in the American workplace today ....

BeRight
09-20-2020, 10:17 PM
Brand New !
My 2015 F3-S was put together a heck of a lot better than this one!

I gave my 2015 F3-S to my brother last week. It was perfect from day one and still is running like new and workmanship was quality number one. Amazing for a first year model.

Nothing like some 2020 RT's with zipped tied and misaligned Tupperware rear-ends. My 2020 RT fortunately was not zipped tied but the fit and finish is not up to snuff compared to 2015 F3-S IMHO.

bikerbillone
09-21-2020, 05:58 AM
Patiently waiting for my 2020 tupperware fix, but I have BRP arm rests, and that seems to be a problm. I wonder how long these brilliant engineers will take to figure this out? Oh well guess I need to stop grumbling about that.

bikerbillone
09-21-2020, 05:59 AM
Patiently waiting for my 2020 tupperware fix, but I have BRP arm rests, and that seems to be a problem. I wonder how long these brilliant engineers will take to figure this out? Oh well guess I need to stop grumbling about that.

Stache
09-21-2020, 06:14 AM
‘Work ethic’ and ‘Integrity’ have become every bit as uncommon as ‘Common Sense’. In my opinion the overriding ‘profit motive’ will do that to an economy.

The thought used to be ‘If you build a better mousetrap....’, but today it’s ‘If you build a cheaper mousetrap....’. Quality has been sacrificed on the altar of ‘cost accounting’.