PDA

View Full Version : An electric Spyder with a roof

jbim
09-18-2020, 09:05 AM
Interesting, wouldn't be surprised if BRP was working on something similar.

https://www.arcimoto.com/
(https://www.arcimoto.com/)

BeRight
09-18-2020, 10:34 AM
I likely :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-18-2020, 10:43 AM
I've been following this vehicle since it was proposed a few years ago. .... I was skeptical in the beginning, but hopeful for it's success. I'm not an Eco-freak, but I think it does have a place in today's world. Right now I think it's price point is going to limit sales. They may be able to lower it with increased sales and I hope they are successful. ...... Mike :thumbup:

RICZ
09-18-2020, 12:19 PM
They are manufactured in Eugene, Oregon, a city just south of Portland, another blue city that's pushing hard for electric vehicles and fighting hard to eliminate CI ones. To the south are other cities; Ashland,Oregon, San Francisco, Berkeley, LA and many more. I suspect this rig could sell well in those locations. To me, it's a dorky version of the Spyder with all the sport taken out.

Ex-Rocket
09-18-2020, 01:19 PM
I saw a video that Lamont posted about Spyders in the Ozarks and I saw a Spyder with a roof like this in one of his videos. Sorry but if you want a roof on a motorcycle buy a car.

Steve W.
09-18-2020, 01:30 PM
Sorry but if you want a roof on a motorcycle buy a car.
I have met many people that feel the same way about windshields and saddlebags. :dontknow:

vitodivita
09-18-2020, 02:09 PM
BRP is actively developing something like this:
https://electrek.co/2019/09/11/brp-electric-motorcycle-electric-go-kart/

McClendons
09-19-2020, 07:15 AM
i've owned some of their stock, and had a "pre-order" down ($100). The price has increased signigantly, to now $20K. It might have a small market at that price, but they lost the original concept of a small, flexible, electric scooter IMO. Did not do well on the stock either, as delivery slid right multiple times -- looks like they are delivering now.

Peter Aawen
09-19-2020, 08:04 AM
BRP is actively developing something like this:
https://electrek.co/2019/09/11/brp-electric-motorcycle-electric-go-kart/

I reckon BRP has been 'unveiling electric concept vehicles' for more than a decade now, but haven't actually progressed anything from 'concept' to 'production' yet!! :gaah:

In fact, it seems to be pretty much a tired old chestnut that's 'no longer believed by those who've seen it all before...... repeatedly' marketing ploy :rolleyes: And it's a ploy that they trot out once every year or so, or whenever their sales start dropping off!! :p

Unlike Acrimoto, who actually ARE delivering some production models, but just like Elio & many others, those companies like BRP who repeatedly do this basically lose all credibility when they 'unveil' their latest version of the 'same old same old' for the third time :banghead: and altho they might continue trying to fool the rapidly shrinking minority of who haven't yet caught up with one of their 'earlier unveilings', they are really only embarrassing themselves more and more as the number of people who've seen/heard it all before grows!! :banghead: :bdh:

Unveiling a concept vehicle is absolutely pointless unless they actually DELIVER something along the lines of said concept within a few years... or at least within a decade!! :rolleyes: :gaah:

wilpir
09-19-2020, 03:00 PM
Seems like another Elio! All kinds of people put money down and they never delivered! (Not me) Promised to be $7000-$8000 trike car I would of bought one in a second! Alas just another scam never to be made !!!

2dogs
09-20-2020, 02:12 PM
Saw for the first time an electric dirt bike. Someone rode it and parked it next to me at the post office yeaterday. I didn't see the person who rode it but they had to be small because the bike was small. The thing also had a license plate on it. The battery appered to be on the frame just behind the front wheel and extend down to the foot pegs under the seat next to a very small motor. The rear wheel was chain driven. Very bare-bones, two wheels (knobbies), handle bars, seat and frame, battery and motor, nothing more. Oh yea, it did have a tail light.

trikermutha
09-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Nice if they would recharge as you drive them.

bigbadbrucie
09-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Nice if they would recharge as you drive them.
You mean like a Perpetual Motion? Ain’t gonna happen!