PDA

View Full Version : Shad bags - is there a cleaner to make them shine?

JKMSPYDER
09-15-2020, 07:58 AM
I had installed Shad bags on my F3-S almost 5 years ago. I love them but can't seem to find a product that will make the plastic shine. I have tried numerous products but the surface still stays dull. It is even hard to remove scuff marks. Has anyone found a cleaner or a wax that will make the bags really shine?

Navydad
09-15-2020, 10:19 AM
I don't know if there is a product that will put that "million dollar" shine back on the plastic or not. Like you, I have tried several products that help, but fall short of what I would like to see. One product I do like for plastics is 303 Protectant available at most auto stores. Wipe it on, give it a few minutes, and buff it a bit. Not a world class shine, but does protect and lasts awhile.

jcthorne
09-15-2020, 11:48 AM
303 Aerospace protectant will keep them looking like new. Mine are also nearly 5 yrs old.

NoahMercy
09-15-2020, 08:31 PM
Cerakote wipes are hands-down the best thing for automotive-style plastic trim...not sure exactly what the Shad bags are made of, but if they are similar, the Cerakote will actually puts a hard, glossy coating on that is almost impossible to wash off.