PDA

View Full Version : Limp mode

porboy
08-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Anyone else have this come up. Worked on the install of the trailer hitch most of the afternoon. Haven't even started the wiring part yet. I cleaned up all my tools and pulled the :spyder2: out of the garage and when I put it reverse the dash had a scroll something about limp mode. The only mods I have installed was my 12V outlet and it was not being used at the time. For what ever reason I poped the hood and checked the 3 amp fuse to see if maybe it blew. It was fine. Started the :spyder2: up, took it around the block no problems. Any suggestions. I've put about a 100 miles on it since I installed the 12V outlet.

Lamonster
08-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Loose relay :dontknow:

3wheeldemon
08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
... I cleaned up all my tools ...

Based on your avatar, I did not take you for a "cleaning up all my tools" type :roflblack::shemademe_smilie:

Sorry for the comedy relief!

PS: very interested in your trailer wiring experiences, please post if possible!

3WD

BLACK WIDOW
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Anyone else have this come up. Worked on the install of the trailer hitch most of the afternoon. Haven't even started the wiring part yet. I cleaned up all my tools and pulled the :spyder2: out of the garage and when I put it reverse the dash had a scroll something about limp mode. The only mods I have installed was my 12V outlet and it was not being used at the time. For what ever reason I poped the hood and checked the 3 amp fuse to see if maybe it blew. It was fine. Started the :spyder2: up, took it around the block no problems. Any suggestions. I've put about a 100 miles on it since I installed the 12V outlet.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/image.php?u=3799&dateline=1247151697 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=3799)

Are you a real Vampire?:yikes:

:joke:

Michael:doorag:

bone crusher
08-20-2009, 12:39 PM

toothbrush...:joke:

JimAlpha
08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Porboy, no offense but when you looked in the mirror, the Spyder saw your Avatar :yikes: face and went in to very limp mode

porboy
08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Last time I heard the words( limp mode ) it was my x-wife talking.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

porboy
08-20-2009, 07:07 PM
As far as the wiring goes, I bought the Bushtec trailer hitch here on Spyder lovers. Only problem is the end of the five wire set up was cut.:shocked: Working with Buschtec to get the parts I need. Got the hitch on no problems.

jedd
08-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Was key on when you rolled it out of shop?

and again you scare me:gaah:

porboy
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Yep, started it up, pulled it out and I noticed it while I was backing up. I put about 70 miles on it today, no problems.:dontknow:

jedd
08-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Then you fixed it way to go. :thumbup:
:yikes:I need a therapist having nightmares now:yikes: