PDA

View Full Version : Spyder sighting in Africa

Strider
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
This is my first post here. I think that BRP came up with a great concept and if Lamont digs it, I gotta ride one some day. Presently, I am riding a 1999 Valkyrie.

Anyway, I work in Luanda, Angola (sub Saharan Africa) on a 35-35 rotation. Well, this is an ex communist coutry and was supported by Cuba and Russia during it's 30 year Civil War. Presently, China gives it a lot of aid and most of the bikes you see over here are Chinese 125's and a LOT of mopeds.

Well, I am standing on the balcony this weekend and something caught my eye......

There were two yellow and black Spyders sitting at the street corner. I will keep a watch out for them in the future, I just thought it was wild to see two Spyders in Luanda, Angola Africa.

Safe winds everyone!

Strider - Broussard, Louisiana

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss77/strider1520/striderbylilbit.jpg

Lamonster
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
That's pretty cool Bro. see if you can get some pics. :2thumbs:

FANG
08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
welcome getting expose all over the world - :2thumbs:

xpeschon
08-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Yah follow this up with a picture if you can, thats cool brother..
Joe

b2k
08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
you know strider has been riding that valk for a long time .I just wonder how many miles is on it :dontknow:

BumbleBee
08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
That is just too cool, get pics next time...welcome

cwhcwh
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM
welcome

Roaddog2
08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:welcome

Mo Lee
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
This is my first post here. I think that BRP came up with a great concept and if Lamont digs it, I gotta ride one some day. Presently, I am riding a 1999 Valkyrie.

Anyway, I work in Luanda, Angola (sub Saharan Africa) on a 35-35 rotation. Well, this is an ex communist coutry and was supported by Cuba and Russia during it's 30 year Civil War. Presently, China gives it a lot of aid and most of the bikes you see over here are Chinese 125's and a LOT of mopeds.

Well, I am standing on the balcony this weekend and something caught my eye......

There were two yellow and black Spyders sitting at the street corner. I will keep a watch out for them in the future, I just thought it was wild to see two Spyders in Luanda, Angola Africa.

Safe winds everyone!

Strider - Broussard, Louisiana

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss77/strider1520/striderbylilbit.jpg

Welcome to the Spyder site. You might recognize my handle and avatar from VRCC I keep up with your posts and travels. These Spyders are fun to, hang around there is some great people here also.

Ken5517 / Wish Again
08-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I had no idea that they were in Africa :clap:

Strider
08-19-2009, 04:58 PM
There are NO SUCH THING as dealerships or anything here. This must have either been some Generals from the Army or their kids that had these Spyders imported. What they must have paid to get them out of customs here must have been phenominal!!!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

There are no dealerships, no mechanics, no nothing....I sure hope they come by this site a lot to get advice! :chat: It would amaze you to see the cars on the roads - Hummer's, BMW's, etc......yet the people are starving.

Just like everything else here, they will ride it till it breaks and leave it where it breaks. Like I said, they have a ton of Chinese 125's (Leopards, etc) and 4 times as many mopeds here. Every now and then you see the "odd bike"....a Harley (2 or 3) I have seen 2 Goldwings and 1 Rune (of all things)....that is it - everything else is Chinese small bore.

It really freaked me out to see 2 Spyders......

Like I said, a General or son of a General..... :spyder2::spyder2::spyder2:

If I see them again - needless to say, they kind of stand out, I will try and get a picture. But trust me, there are 2 Spyder's in Luanda, Angola.....

I know those two SURE FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!:spyder: Never seen one in Lafayette, Louisiana (except at the dealer) but see 2 here.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss77/strider1520/colerarualuanda26qr.jpg