PDA

View Full Version : Looking into Renting/Sharing a BUDS? Anyone in Canada interested?

Eckhard
09-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Hi.

Looking for someone in Canada that has a BUDS system and is willing to rent it out.

Or someone, or more than one, that is willing to split the purchase of one.

Eckhard
12-08-2022, 06:03 PM
I bought the interface box 3-4 months ago so I am all set.

Jetfixer
12-11-2022, 06:51 AM
If you have the BUDS interface box then all you need is the license to use the software.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-11-2022, 10:34 PM
Hi.

Looking for someone in Canada that has a BUDS system and is willing to rent it out.

Or someone, or more than one, that is willing to split the purchase of one.

The BUDS license is locked to your email, name, and MPI device. If you were to share its use one of you would have to be an imposter using the other's credentials, or it would have to be registered to a third (fictitious?) party. You would also have to share the use of the MPI. In any case it would probably violate the T & C of the software license.

BamaJohn
04-03-2023, 06:25 AM
The BUDS license is locked to your email, name, and MPI device. If you were to share its use one of you would have to be an imposter using the other's credentials, or it would have to be registered to a third (fictitious?) party. You would also have to share the use of the MPI. In any case it would probably violate the T & C of the software license.

I do service work on my Spyder and would also like to be able to do resets using BUDS2, but would like to share the cost among a couple of people. Seems strange that "physician's assistants" and "licensed practical nurses" can practice medicine under an actual M.D.'s license, but a motorcycle owner can't access test software for his/her Spyder. Next thing you know, owners won't be allowed to buy a service manual.........

alexf415
05-27-2023, 05:14 AM
I am from Seattle WA area and i have the buds/buds2 with megatech. If anyone near me who wanna disbale their DESS i can help...