PDA

View Full Version : September Weather News

Little Blue
09-01-2020, 03:09 AM
:coffee: Welcome to September 1, 2020. This month is going to be a good one for sure. Give us your weather and thoughts about how you feel about your local area weather.
The next chapter is starting, so join us for the month of news.

Here in Indiana we have been seeing signs for an early Fall. Hopefully we will have the cooler temperatures.

Today's high will be only 84°F and cloudy. A 50% chance of Rain. We need the rain here in Indiana, been very dry.

Ryde Safe and Enjoy your Ryde Time. .......:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Okay...I'll start out. Low 70's last night. Showers this AM. Cloudy and still 70's with more chances of rain.

We are going to ride anyway. Thanks to radar weather maps.

canamjhb
09-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Here in Mesa, AZ we are having a little cooler weather for a few days with highs getting only to about 105. Lows at night are in the mid 80s. But starting Friday we are forecast to warm back up to 110 with lows in the high 80s. GRRRRRRRRR..... Jim

Deanna777
09-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Here in Vermont the temps have been getting cooler during the days, and evenings. Highs in the 70's during the day. Also, 40's and 50's at night.

It feels like fall,and some of the trees have started to show some of there color.

( off-topic) There has been a lot out-of state cars on the road lately. Since Vermont still has some very some low covid -19 cases.

Back on topic : This week we might get some rain.

Deanna

Flamewinger
09-01-2020, 09:35 PM
The temps for the next 7-10 days, in Northern/Central California is going to be hotter than normal and a ride I have planned for the weekend in the Sierras, after Labor Day weekend, would take me into another new fire. Smokey at home and smokey or hot almost anywhere I go.

Haze
09-01-2020, 10:06 PM
Temp this afternoon in Northern Nevada 87 degrees.
Wind is blowing all the forest fire smoke further to the north.
Rode for 2 hours right before sunset.
It was a great day.

RapidSpyder
09-02-2020, 07:53 AM
Planning on doing some riding today, 80’s in the Hills. Some colors are starting to appear. One thing I don’t like about fall is fewer hours of daylight to ride in.

ARtraveler
09-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Yes, on the fewer hours. Went for our ride last night at 6:30 PM. Tried a new (to us) road and did a big circle in a new (to us) area. Did not get back until 9:00 PM. It was pitch dark by then. We watched carefully for deer, but did not see any for the ride. The particular area we tried was like driving on Highway #1 up by Ely, MN. Narrow road and pine trees on both sides. Have not encountered that before here in Arkansas.

bigbadbrucie
09-02-2020, 12:28 PM
Up here in the Lower Mainland of Western Canada we are losing some leaves off the trees, getting the odd overnight shower and daytime temperatures in the mid 70’s. The high forecast for the weekend and early next week are in the mid to high 80’s. and by 9 pm it is headlight time.

Gwolf
09-02-2020, 12:54 PM
It was 80 F when the sun came up this morning. Heat index right now is 102. Usually starts cooling off some by September, but not this year. Thunder Boomers almost every afternoon too.

ARtraveler
09-02-2020, 03:51 PM
Speaking of leaves, if we were in Alaska, the leaves would be in full color now and waiting for that first big windstorm. Then, poof, they are gone. Most years we were there, September 15 was late for leaves. And them comes the first snow.

RapidSpyder
09-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Perfect day for a ride to Deadwood. It was in the 80’s once we got into Boulder Canyon. Could see the brown haze of smoke out to the west from the fires, then could smell it later tonight here in Rapid.

Peter Aawen
09-03-2020, 01:21 AM
Well, just sitting around inside & looking out at the bright sunshine & blue skies here in South Oz, you could easily be fooled into thinking it's a great day for a ryde (& it was when I went out just after dawn this morning! :ohyea: )

But step outside now & you'll get slammed by the full force of the gale force winds that've blown straight thru everything between here & the South Pole and you'll rapidly change your mind!! :gaah: The BoM told us to expect 'Clearing showers & a high of 15°C' today, and we've scored all that, only also with these Gale force winds blowing straight off the Glaciers of the Antarctic Continent soo bloody hard that any possibility of rain was simply blown right on past us... (you'll probably see our 'clearing showers' & a few hats & umbrellas blowing past any moment now - or maybe they're already well past you lot?! :rolleyes: ) Besides, it's too bloody cold to rain atm!! :shocked:

Even more importantly tho, apart from the odd exception, my early morning rydes are getting warmer & earlier again; I'm not having to layer up quite so much & I haven't been mistaken for the Michelin Man or an escaped Goodyear Blimp all week!! :clap: Now that our Southern Hemisphere Spring is officially here, the birds are nesting, bees are buzzing, lambs are gambolling, and all those other 'Spring' things are happening as they do; and the days are getting longer and the sun is getting warmer, but not too hot just yet - so now is a great time to be out Spyder Ryding! :ohyea: So I am doing that, at every opportunity! :thumbup: Just not this arvo! :p

Little Blue
09-03-2020, 02:31 AM
:coffee: Well, just another sunny day in good ole Indiana. Yesterday was a good ryde day.
Today's high will be 84°F and some clouds. Ryde when you can and enjoy your day. ......:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Well, just sitting around inside & looking out at the bright sunshine & blue skies here in South Oz, you could easily be fooled into thinking it's a great day for a ryde (& it was when I went out just after dawn this morning! :ohyea: )

But step outside now & you'll get slammed by the full force of the gale force winds that've blown straight thru everything between here & the South Pole and you'll rapidly change your mind!! :gaah: The BoM told us to expect 'Clearing showers & a high of 15°C' today, and we've scored all that, only also with these Gale force winds blowing straight off the Glaciers of the Antarctic Continent soo bloody hard that any possibility of rain was simply blown right on past us... (you'll probably see our 'clearing showers' & a few hats & umbrellas blowing past any moment now - or maybe they're already well past you lot?! :rolleyes: ) Besides, it's too bloody cold to rain atm!! :shocked:

Even more importantly tho, apart from the odd exception, my early morning rydes are getting warmer & earlier again; I'm not having to layer up quite so much & I haven't been mistaken for the Michelin Man or an escaped Goodyear Blimp all week!! :clap: Now that our Southern Hemisphere Spring is officially here, the birds are nesting, bees are buzzing, lambs are gambolling, and all those other 'Spring' things are happening as they do; and the days are getting longer and the sun is getting warmer, but not too hot just yet - so now is a great time to be out Spyder Ryding! :ohyea: So I am doing that, at every opportunity! :thumbup: Just not this arvo! :p

I can relate to your comments about being dressed up like the Michelin Man. That was my cold weather gear too. I was one of the latest to ride as well as one of the earliest in my part of Alaska. Most "bikers" would park their bikes on September 30 and start waking them up on May 1. :yes:

I am happy that I can now ride 365 days a year. Only had a dusting of snow twice last year...gone in a few hours. I did not ride those days though.

Little Blue
09-04-2020, 03:49 AM
:coffee: There is a little chill in the air this morning, but going to be a great day.
Today's high will be only 74°F with some sun, low in the mid 50s.
Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Safe. .......:thumbup:

RapidSpyder
09-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Probably politically incorrect but looks like it’s “Indian Summer” this weekend. Mid nineties today, over a hundred tomorrow , then back to nineties Sunday. Then freeze Monday night / Tuesday morning. The garden will probably be done. Highs in the 70’s after that. Good riding weather.

ARtraveler
09-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Probably politically incorrect but looks like it’s “Indian Summer” this weekend. Mid nineties today, over a hundred tomorrow , then back to nineties Sunday. Then freeze Monday night / Tuesday morning. The garden will probably be done. Highs in the 70’s after that. Good riding weather.

Not yet about the PC, IMO. :bowdown:

We did the Badlands National Park in November one year. Had the whole place to ourselves. :yes:

pegasus1300
09-04-2020, 12:38 PM
Altho hot in the afternoons the weather is starting to moderate here in Utah. The leaves are starting to change in some canyons, but the colors will be pretty light due to the draught this year. This is a good time to visit as most of the crowds are gone but the parks are getting ready to put on their fall splendor and many amenities are still open, resort prices are going down and the heat is far more bearable with jackets needed higher up, or early in the morning.

CopperSpyder
09-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Weather looks good sunny for the next 4 days temps about 80 for a high lows about 60. Hope everyone enjoys their Labor day weekend. :bbq:

Little Blue
09-05-2020, 02:10 AM
:coffee: Weather People have been saying something about a little rain all week but nothing yet. Now the rain may come on Labor Day.
Today only 79°F with sunshine, Saturday 78°F with some clouds. Sunday 80°F and sunny.
Enjoy your Weekend and Stay Safe. ......:thumbup:

canamjhb
09-05-2020, 02:18 PM
It was 114 yesterday. The forecast was for 111 today but it was already 112 at noon! Going to be another 115+ day. Maybe a little cooler next week. Sure hope so. This is getting ridiculous. We are now close to 60 days of temperatures above 110 for the season..... Jim

NoahMercy
09-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Over 100 here today, but should have snow on Monday night. Yeah, no really...

tibadoe
09-06-2020, 07:00 AM
First cool night in a while. Comfortable 55* with a high around 82* - nice.

ARtraveler
09-06-2020, 09:51 AM
We have been hovering in the 80-90 range during the day...but not considered a heat wave here. Beautiful sunny skies.

Supposed to get a cooling trend Tuesday on...time will tell.

Little Blue
09-07-2020, 03:44 AM
:coffee: No rain so far. Today's chance of some rain is 60%, so I will wait and see. High just 78°F with coulds, low in the 50s. I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures, as this makes for more ryde times.
Enjoy your Labor day and stay safe. ........:thumbup:

RapidSpyder
09-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Over 100 here today, but should have snow on Monday night. Yeah, no really...

Us too, 102 Saturday, then this tonight.

ARtraveler
09-08-2020, 10:38 AM
Beautiful weather here again today. High eighties, blue skies with some white fluffy clouds.

Going to get in another hundred miles or so. :yes:

EDIT: We did 125 to be exact.

canamjhb
09-08-2020, 04:54 PM
The cold front heading south from Canada (EH) will arrive here tomorrow. The expected high will only be about 90 with a low of 70ish. Going to take the opportunity to uncover ol' gray and ride to the Black Bear Cafe for breakfast. One of my riding buddies will be joining me (on his new 2020 RTL). This will be my first ride in over 2 months. After Thursday we will be back up to well over 100 for the foreseeable future..... Jim

Deanna777
09-08-2020, 07:19 PM
Today here in Vermont, the weather was comfortable, sunny, 70's.

The leaves are starting show there colors, Fall is around the corner.

This week-end the temps in the 60's during the day, and 30's and 40's night.

Deanna

Little Blue
09-10-2020, 06:30 AM
:coffee: Ten days and still no rain. Seems to miss my location by 20 miles. The grass is brown and the leaves are falling. The wife is watering her flowers every other day.

Today's high will be only 80°F and sunny, low of 67°F.
Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Safe. ......

Luvs2Ride
09-10-2020, 07:50 AM
Cool morning with cloud cover (74 now going up to high of 82 degrees) here in the south-central PA area. Rain predicted but none so far. If the rain comes.... we'll gladly take it! All in all a good day here!
Ride safe,
Gina J

canamjhb
09-10-2020, 01:23 PM
Had a nice comfortable ride yesterday. The first one in over 2 months. Checked the forecast for the next 10 days and it shows highs of about 100 with lows of about 80. The cover will stay OFF ol' gray. This is just the start of our riding season and it is usually very comfortable riding through May. YEA!!!!!! ..... Jim

Little Blue
09-11-2020, 03:47 AM
:coffee: Welcome to Friday's weather news. I just wanted to give everyone a big :clap:.. for posting on this Forum. Let's keep doing this and enjoy the time.
Today's high 73°F and sunny. Low 61°F.
Enjoy your Day. .......:thumbup:

stmike 1800
09-11-2020, 06:20 AM
Frost this AM

PMK
09-11-2020, 06:53 AM
Still gets hot in the 90s each day. Humidity lingers at more than 80% and often in the 90% numbers. Often getting those rippin afternoon thunderstorms. But a few more weeks will bring cool weather and our best ride season.

Little Blue
09-12-2020, 05:05 AM
:coffee: Welcome to the Weekend. Still no rain in my local area. Today's high will be 84°F with sunshine, low 60!°F.
Sunday's high will be only 73°F and cloudy.
Enjoy your time and be Safe. ......:thumbup:

RapidSpyder
09-12-2020, 09:28 AM
Starting warmup today, looks like 77 for a high. Think a cruise in the southern hills is in order. No trying to pet the buffalo though...

ARtraveler
09-12-2020, 10:50 AM
We were in the high 70's low 80's most of the day yesterday. Some very light drizzle...which stopped about a mile from my house. We got none.

Today (9/12), supposed to be more of the same...with T-storms popping up in our valley about 1:45 PM. Looked at radar for the time and they just pop up from no-where. Happens a lot in our valley.

We are going to ride but avoid the t-storms.

Gwolf
09-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Still 90-100 degrees every day. Still in the rain forest. Plague of frogs.

Little Blue
09-14-2020, 04:23 AM
:coffee: We finally got a little rain, about 3/10 of an inch. All I can say, it's better than nothing. We will be happy for every drop.
Today only 75°F with sunshine, low 55°F.
Enjoy your Day. ......:thumbup:

BeRight
09-14-2020, 05:40 AM
Sunrise soon - Predicted sunny day - High 70's and finally lower humidity - beautiful day for a ride.

ARtraveler
09-14-2020, 10:28 AM
Woke up to cold weather here this morning. :roflblack: It was 65 degrees...the coolest it has been in months.

A nice break from the heat. It is supposed to be low 80's this PM. This is all very beautiful weather for riding...went out last night for a hundred mile ride. Put the mesh jackets on to keep the breezes off the arms. The trees are now getting some hint of colors. Hopefully, we will have a beautiful fall season this year. Last year...not. The stress from all the heat made the leaves just drop before any color set in.

canamjhb
09-14-2020, 03:56 PM
There was a little easterly breeze this morning. It blew a lot of the wildfire smoke back towards California. The sky actually looks a little blue instead of the smoke tan haze of the last several days. Supposed to get to 101 today but at 1:30 we were already at 104. Time to head for the pool. Too hot to ride..... Jim

Gwolf
09-14-2020, 04:15 PM
Hurricane Sally coming in just to the west of me. Not much wind, but plenty water.

Little Blue
09-15-2020, 05:27 AM
:coffee: The Weather seems to be turning cooler this week. We will enjoy the change and more ryde times.
Today's high will be only 71°F and sunny. Low 50°F.
Have a good day. ......:thumbup:

Little Blue
09-17-2020, 03:04 AM
:coffee: The week has been cooler and dry. Seems like September has been flying by very quickly, hard to believe that were at the 17th day.
Going to be 76°F and some sun, low of 56°F.
Enjoy your Ryde Time. ......:thumbup:

stmike 1800
09-17-2020, 05:19 AM
- 3 c this am ,I think the sled is stirring under the cover.

Gwolf
09-17-2020, 06:59 AM
Still raining, been raining for 3 days now. Sally is just north of me in Georgia now. It is moving too slow and dropping too much water.

Deanna777
09-17-2020, 04:48 PM
- 3 c this am ,I think the sled is stirring under the cover.

Here in Vermont, this morning/today the temps in the 50's. I think that my sled is also getting restless!

This weekend the temps on Saturday night in 20's and 30's. We have not had much rain.

The leaves are starting show there color.

Deanna

Little Blue
09-18-2020, 05:54 AM
:coffee: Welcome to the weekend. We are having some changes in our weather. Seems like Fall is starting and there's a little chill in the air. The grass is brown and the leaves are dropping. Got the wife a couple of Pumpkins from Kroger.

Today's high will be only 64°F and sunny, low is 39.
Saturday 64°F with sunshine, low 38.
Sunday's high will be 65°F and sunny, low is 39.

I will be excited for the cooler temperatures and the Ryde Times.
Hope you all have a great weekend. ......:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-18-2020, 07:28 AM
We are entertaining some guests on their way to Utah today. Going to take them for a great scenic ride.

Forecast here is high 70's in the PM, and sunshine.

canamjhb
09-18-2020, 01:20 PM
It was 108 yesterday and 108 the day before. At 10:30 AM today it was 100 and climbing. The sky is very light blue with a tan tinge (smoke). Our "monsoon" season never happened. We have had less than 2 & 1/2 inches of rain year to date. This has been one long, HOT, dry summer. Many all time heat records set. A lot of the vegetation is heat stressed and dying. I lost a Tangelo tree. The outlook is for gradual cooling over the next 10 days. I'm going on a 4 day group ride at the end of this month. We'll be staying in the White Mountains area of Eastern Arizona at an elevation of 8000-9500 feet. That should have temperatures of about 20 degrees cooler than here. I am anxious to go..... Jim

Little Blue
09-21-2020, 07:39 AM
:coffee: Well, they say today is the Last day of Summer in (USA).
Yesterday was a beautiful day for me and my Spyder. Riding on the country roads and seeing signs of the season to come. The farmers were beginning to harvest their beans and some corn.

Today sunny and 75°F, low of 48°F.

Stay Safe and Enjoy your Ryde Time. .....:thumbup:

BeRight
09-21-2020, 07:59 AM
Same here in my part of MD, as many others above- Fall like weather

Low 40's night 60/70's daytime

Today: 42/67 sunny

ARtraveler
09-21-2020, 09:26 AM
Fall has come to NW AR this last week. No rain, temps around 70's, some smoke haze in the air. Blue skies today and more of the same temps. Going to change to long sleeve riding shirt today. It's a little cool riding in short sleeves.

Supposed to get some rain thurs/fri...time will tell.

bigbadbrucie
09-21-2020, 11:17 AM
Temperature up here in Chilliwack BC Canada is highs of only 20*C or 68*F. Supposed to rain this evening, and for the rest of the week. Leaves are starting to fall. Smoke from the western US has dissipated (I can see the mountains again). Fall begins tomorrow morning. Not too many days of good riding left, or so it seems (maybe we’ll have an Indian Summer (probably not supposed to say that, no offence intended)).

Gwolf
09-21-2020, 05:10 PM
Finally cooling down some here. Got below 70 degrees at night several times last week. Had to wear light jacket on some early morning rides. The cooler weather sure feels good!

canamjhb
09-21-2020, 07:48 PM
A bit of cooling here in the desert. Today was 105 and it looks like that will be our daily high for the next 10 days. Lows at night are 78 to 80. Very pleasant. I usually go to our pool most days in my golf cart. The pool is about a half mile away. When I get out of the pool I don't towel off. Instead, I just drive home and let the air drip dry me. Today it actually felt cool coming home..... Jim

Little Blue
09-22-2020, 05:07 AM
:coffee: Welcome to AUTUMN. Seems like this year is starting the Seasons about two weeks early. Oh well, enjoy your day and stay safe.

Today's weather is 77°F with sunshine, low of 52°F. .....:thumbup:

Little Blue
09-24-2020, 04:39 AM
:coffee: Well, 19 days and still no rain. Leaves are dropping and the grass does not need to be cut. This will make for more Spyder Ryde Time.
Today only 76°F and sunny, low 51°F.
Enjoy your Ryde Time. .......:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-24-2020, 09:52 AM
Yes on the rain. "They" are saying that this is the 16th driest September for Arkansas. Been in the mid 60's to 70's, cloudy days, but no rain. I did the grass last Sunday and it has not grown much since then. Normal, is the grass needs to be cut once a week.

Last night, sitting on the porch, needed to add the shirt jacket. It was cool on the arms. AC has been off the last three days...no heat yet.

Fall has fell for sure. :yes:

Little Blue
09-25-2020, 06:21 AM
:coffee: No rain for the weekend. A little warmer for the next few days.
Today only 79°F and sunny, low 54°F.
Saturday 81°F with sunshine, low 53°F.
Sunday's high 82°F and sunny. low of 51°F.

Enjoy your Weekend and be Safe. .......:thumbup:

Little Blue
09-28-2020, 05:04 AM
:coffee: It has been 22 days since we had rain. Weather People are saying rain today. I hope they get it right and soon. Farmers are working to harvest their beans and corn during this dry season.

The temperatures are starting to get cooler, yesterday was 81°F and sunny. Today's high will be only 60°F with some rain. Lows are in the 40° - 43°F. Trees leaves are turning and some are falling early.

Enjoy your Day and Stay Healthy. ........:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-28-2020, 09:03 AM
Same to report here. Yesterday got up to 86 degrees. We had sunny skies to go with it. Evenings are getting to sub 60's now and we had a little bit of rain last night.

Today, blue skies again. Trees are still mostly green, but a little color is showing up here and there. We put 2,000 miles on the Spyders in the last couple weeks. Going to have no problem hitting 20K this year.

Bright reds and oranges are starting to peek out. Hoping we get a beautiful October. :yes:

canamjhb
09-28-2020, 01:33 PM
Our extreme heat has FINALLY left. Highs for the foreseeable future are right at 100 with lows in the low 70s. I'm heading up to the mountains on Wednesday for a 4 day group get together and Ryde-in. We have about 800 miles of rides planned. Temperatures there are 78-80 for highs and lows in the mid 40s. I'll have to dig out my jacket. Haven't had one on in months. Hope it still fits. This covid thing has had an enlargement effect..... Jim

Little Blue
09-29-2020, 03:05 AM
:coffee:Well, the month is almost over. Only received about .1" of Rain Monday, someone else got the rest. Oh well glad to get something.

Tuesday's high 60°F and cloudy, low 44°F.

Ryde Safe and Enjoy your Day. .......:thumbup:

Little Blue
09-30-2020, 06:21 AM
:coffee: Welcome to 9/30/2020. A little chilly for the morning 42°F. Today's high going to be about 67°F with clouds.
The trees leaves are turning many different colors and looking very nice. No grass to cut but the leaves will be a bit of a mess.

Stay Healthy. ......:thumbup:

stmike 1800
10-01-2020, 04:01 AM
Calling for snow friday ,bike is put away till spring.

Gwolf
10-01-2020, 05:42 AM
Bye bye September............ Happy Halloween!

Peter Aawen
10-01-2020, 05:58 AM
And that's all for September, folks! :thumbup:

See y'all in October. :ohyea:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?135828-October-Weather-News