PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks to Westside Powersports in Spokane

tofriendscreek
08-26-2020, 07:28 AM
It seems too often we drop to the lowest levels to complain and/or belittle Spyder dealers for various reasons. I too have had a few issues with poor or ugly service, but overwhelmingly the experiences have been quite the opposite. I prefer to express gratitude and thanks to dealers who help out when an issue arises, especially when traveling.
I was in the midst of a 9,000 mile adventure. After one afternoon of pretty intense and aggressive ryding, I had stopped for a break. For some reason, I looked at the rear wheel and sprocket. What is saw was the belt literally half on and half over the edge of the sprocket. I had never seen the belt is that position. I made a call to Westside Powersports. I talked with the Service Manager, Richard, who asked a few questions, I explained the condition further and he and then asked if I thought I could ryde it in or if he needed to send someone to pick it up. I felt it could make the 70 mile ryde to the shop. He told me they would get it fixed as soon as I could get there. Within a half hour of my arrival, the belt alignment was adjusted and all was good for the rest of the trip. My thanks to Richard and the staff at Westside for their gracious attention to my need and for fixing the problem immediately. Their efforts were and are truly appreciated.

KX5062
08-26-2020, 08:45 AM
They too were a big help for my wife and I years ago when we were traveling through the area of Wilber, WA and got caught in road construction that involved more than a metric ton of gravel that all found it's way into the belt and shredded it to pieces and had to tow the Spyder to there. They went above and beyond to help us in our misadventure. Good people, good service!

Ex-Rocket
08-26-2020, 08:51 AM
Its always great to hear when a dealership goes beyond the normal especially when on a trip and need some repairs. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

gkamer
08-26-2020, 09:40 AM
I can also toss my vote to Westside Motorsports in Spokane. I purchased my Ryker from them and also had my 3,000 mile check up and oil change done there. Excellent experiences both times.

Gldwnger
08-26-2020, 04:33 PM
Good service is all fine and dandy,But, I would be concerned as to what caused this to begin with.Once I have adjusted my belt it stays there.Any explanation as to why yours changed?

tofriendscreek
08-27-2020, 06:17 AM
I had never, ever seen a belt be off alignment like this. At this time, it’s logical to assume the belt alignment wasn’t done correctly.