PDA

View Full Version : Modular Hemet - Close with One or Two Hands?

drol343
08-25-2020, 08:37 PM
I have had a LS2 Modular helmet for about 6 years. I can close it with one hand if it is strapped. I have a new Schuberth C3 Pro Gravity modular helmet that I cannot close with one hand.

When I spoke to a Schuberth rep, he said he has never heard of a modular helmet that could be closed with only one hand; and that the C3 Pro must be snapped down with two hands; and that was the norm for all modular helmets. He said it may have been the wrong size; but I felt that was not the case. Two hands are needed for the C3 Pro based on my experience. This is not a deal killer; but it is a bit of a nuisance to me.

Question... do any of you have a modular helmet that is easy to close with one hand? Maybe my LS2 was one in a million.

Thanks.

dklehman
08-25-2020, 08:44 PM
I have a 2019 Bell srt modular and i have no issues closing with one hand, it felt really awkward to close with 2 hands.

mjtools
08-25-2020, 08:47 PM
I have no issues with my Schuberth C4Pro using one hand.

Transam87020
08-25-2020, 08:59 PM
Shoei modular one hand

trong
08-25-2020, 09:10 PM
I have a Kabuto Ibuki helmet, not sold in US any more, can only be close or open with a little lever on the left side. It's kinda odd the Schubert helmet that you have requires two-hand operation. What if you want to open or close it while riding.
Maybe you need to adjust the screws holding the chin bar.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-25-2020, 09:21 PM
I have a Zox Modular , one hand for this one also ..... ?? can you spray dry silicone into the swivel area ... that might help ...... Mike :thumbup:

MNF3
08-25-2020, 09:25 PM
Shark Evo One 2 closes easily with one hand.

Arion
08-25-2020, 09:31 PM
Shoei Neotech II - one hand routinely with no trouble at all. Same with my AGV modular. Strikes me that having to use two hands means closing the chin bar before starting or having to release the bars completely to close using two hands (unless you have three hands that is). Sounds like a bad idea to me even on a Spyder. Relinquishing control even for a few moments means becoming a passenger not the pilot.

PaladinLV
08-25-2020, 11:16 PM
The Schuberth rep you spoke to is full of doggy poo
AJ

Haze
08-25-2020, 11:16 PM
GMax 54S closes with one hand.

canamjhb
08-25-2020, 11:22 PM
Nolan modular is one handed open and close. PaladinLV is being too polite..... Jim

Bfromla
08-26-2020, 03:09 AM
HJC one hand open or close np, heck can have open & just nod right way & it will close no hands. Especially if walking no nodding needed then :roflblack:
(Forgot something inside & quick trip back) However mine does usually get to stay up most any speed under 45-50mph. Just for lil better airflow

chris56
08-26-2020, 05:04 AM
I use the Airow ref 19 - easy to open with one hand and - I can ryde open - the best solution ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KxO3sPXII

Stache
08-26-2020, 05:12 AM
Sena Outrush. 1 hand

Mikey
08-26-2020, 05:53 AM
HJC 1 Hand

BoilerAnimal
08-26-2020, 08:25 AM
HJC, up or down with one hand. Something is not right with the helmet you have.

MONK
08-26-2020, 08:27 AM
Current HJC RPHA 90, 1 hand open/close. Previous HJC RPHA Max, 1 hand open/close. Other than the "modular" helmets that don't open/close but actually have a removable chin bar, I don't know of any that are meant to have a 2 hand open/close.

KX5062
08-26-2020, 08:39 AM
My wife has a Schuberth C3 Pro and previous also had an earlier generation C3. Her normal method is to open with one hand and close with two. Part of the reason is because we have Sena comm system mounted and the microphone can get caught up in the chin skirt. This was also my method when I had my Shoei Neotec I.

As I understand it from speaking to a Schuberth sale rep at a motorcycle show years ago, the Schuberths are designed to close with two hands because the latching mechanism is supposed to be closed by way of pinching the chin bar on each side to insure proper latching. Now, of course, you can close the chin bar with one hand, but that's not how it's designed to work. So, it seems there is some continuity in methodology from the company.

AdmiralS
08-26-2020, 08:46 AM
I have no issues with my Schuberth C4Pro using one hand.

Same for me!

VitoNam
08-26-2020, 10:05 AM
I can close my seven year old C3-Pro with one hand.

dag62
08-26-2020, 10:10 AM
I too have the Schuberth C3 Pro and must use two hands to close.

Stache
08-26-2020, 10:16 AM
I can close my seven year old C3-Pro with one hand.

If it’s 7 yrs old it might be time to consider a ‘one-handed’ replacement anyway....
https://schultzmyers.com/motorcycle-helmets-expiration-date/

Motorcycledave
08-26-2020, 10:44 AM
The new SENA OUTRUSH is easy to close with 1 hand
Dave

I have had a LS2 Modular helmet for about 6 years. I can close it with one hand if it is strapped. I have a new Schuberth C3 Pro Gravity modular helmet that I cannot close with one hand.

When I spoke to a Schuberth rep, he said he has never heard of a modular helmet that could be closed with only one hand; and that the C3 Pro must be snapped down with two hands; and that was the norm for all modular helmets. He said it may have been the wrong size; but I felt that was not the case. Two hands are needed for the C3 Pro based on my experience. This is not a deal killer; but it is a bit of a nuisance to me.

Question... do any of you have a modular helmet that is easy to close with one hand? Maybe my LS2 was one in a million.

Thanks.

LeftCoast
08-26-2020, 11:06 AM
My wife has a Schuberth C3 Pro and previous also had an earlier generation C3. Her normal method is to open with one hand and close with two. Part of the reason is because we have Sena comm system mounted and the microphone can get caught up in the chin skirt. This was also my method when I had my Shoei Neotec I.

As I understand it from speaking to a Schuberth sale rep at a motorcycle show years ago, the Schuberths are designed to close with two hands because the latching mechanism is supposed to be closed by way of pinching the chin bar on each side to insure proper latching. Now, of course, you can close the chin bar with one hand, but that's not how it's designed to work. So, it seems there is some continuity in methodology from the company.

This is my exact experience with the C3 Pro as well when the Sena is mounted to it.

drol343
08-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Thanks to all +20 of you who replied. Much appreciated! This was extremely helpful as this is only my 2nd helmet.

It seems the Schuberth C3 Pro Gravity is destined to be 2-handed.

But as for the reps broad brush of saying "never heard of a modular helmet that could be closed with only one hand" and that 2-hands "was the norm for all modular helmets"... PaladinLV may have hit it on the head!

PGDoug
08-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Scorpion AT-950 , one hand and 1/3 the price .

Steve W.
08-26-2020, 08:54 PM
My wife has an HJC (don't know which model) that operates easily up or down with one hand.

My son used to have a Nolan that operated easily with one hand.

I have ridden a time or two with my son's helmet and decided that flip-fronts are not for me.