PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance 2015 Spyder RT, 19000 miles

RonHill
08-23-2020, 08:09 AM
I Have a 2015 Spyder Rt. It has 19,200 miles on it. I bought it early spring this year. put close to 5,000 miles on it already. I can tell its bogging down some. I'm from Warren OH area. I called local dealer Johnny K where it was originally purchased. They said they have a 19,000 mile maintenance package they do, go over all of it. Cost of it is $768. I'm not sure what it covers if things need done. Has anyone had this type of 19k mile maintenance done, from a Johnny K dealer or reputable Can Am Dealer. I would appreciate your thoughts and input or suggestions. Thanks. Ron

trikermutha
08-23-2020, 09:01 AM
Find out what you get for $768 bucks. And may never fix your issue?

What do you mean bogging down some?

RonHill
08-23-2020, 03:58 PM
I may have found an issue. On Facebook Spyder RT lovers page someone mention to check and see if econ light was on. I did not know what that light was for. It has been on at times. I made sure it was off today and seemed to run good

trikermutha
08-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Yes the ECO light will tone it down a bit and shows you when to shift to save fuel which I dont really think its saves much at all.

So just check my manual for 19k Maintenance

Replace air filter and clean air filter housing. Replace clutch fluid (SM6 model only). Replace the fuel filter (or every 5 years)

If that's all they do for 768 bucks I would walk away.

Spyder_Cowgirl
08-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Yes the ECO light will tone it down a bit and shows you when to shift to save fuel which I dont really think its saves much at all.

So just check my manual for 19k Maintenance

Replace air filter and clean air filter housing. Replace clutch fluid (SM6 model only). Replace the fuel filter (or every 5 years)

If that's all they do for 768 bucks I would walk away.

Isn't that a "cumulative" service where everything from the 9,300 and 3,000 service is also added in? If so, it should be much more than you list .... but, I am not sure about the cost.

All the best .... Ann