PDA

View Full Version : Storage Question

cwhcwh
08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
I've had my Spyder now for about a week now. Of course its to wide to fit through the door to my shop building and I dont have a garage. I found a thing on the internet called a bike barn that looks pretty cool. Just wondering if anyone else has used this probuct. They have a trike model that will fit the Spyder. If anyone has used this product how do you like it, does it keep things dry? I have to do something soon, now its in the drive way with the BRP outdoor cover on it. Thanks in advance.

DynamoBT
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I know of a couple of people who own motorcycles who use them. One is in MA the other in PA. They are very happy with the bike barn.

I would imagine if the bike barn can deal with New England winters it will stand up to your NC winters.

Now mind you, this is only by word of mouth. I have no personal experience with the product.

Some Guy
08-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I believe "Tom in NM" posted that he has one.

sabunim5
08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I have had one since Feb. of 08 and am very happy with it. Keeps the Spyder out of the elements and is truly easy to use.

cwhcwh
08-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the replies, I guess ill go ahead and place a order.:thumbup:

Tom in NM
08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I've had my Spyder now for about a week now. Of course its to wide to fit through the door to my shop building and I dont have a garage. I found a thing on the internet called a bike barn that looks pretty cool. Just wondering if anyone else has used this probuct. They have a trike model that will fit the Spyder. If anyone has used this product how do you like it, does it keep things dry? I have to do something soon, now its in the drive way with the BRP outdoor cover on it. Thanks in advance.

. . . . I love it. The Spyder fits in the Trike model like it was custom made for it. Nothing touches the Spyder. I even have space ( since I back in ) to store oil, cleaning supplies, a jack and a lot of other Spyder stuff.

I bought my first one for my BMW F650GS. I don't have a garage, and was using a very good bike cover. Always a pain to put on, take off - and given the wind and desert here, the bike was still always dusty. I don't like having dirt under bike covers, it scratches everything.

It takes about 5 seconds to open or close the Bike Barn. It could not be any easier - just like their video shows.

Fabric is very good, cleans up with a hosing off. ( mine has been under a berry tree all summer - amazing - no stains ) Held up just fine in one of the big snow storms we had ( 4 - 6 " ) though it did look like a snow drift.

We get some pretty good winds - no problem either.

If you have any particular question, let me know.

Tom