PDA

View Full Version : How hot is HELL ?

Motorcycledave
08-17-2020, 10:22 PM
After having been all jacked up with that good ole broken
make that SHATTERED left foot for one whole year.......
I have been looking forward to getting out there and riding
I had plenty of time to add lots of cool lighting and other
electronics, new seat and more, I got in about 80 miles total
last week. Well last Friday I thought now it's time to go put some
miles on my SPYDER Well this is what greeted me.... and it says it
will last for about 7 or 8 more days from today..... now I love to ride
but I don't want to MELT.....

canamjhb
08-17-2020, 11:34 PM
Those are 'cool' Temperatures compared with what we are experiencing. Getting above 105 is not fun and every degree above that is noticeably hotter. We have had over 40 days of 110 or better this year..... Jim

Highwayman2013
08-17-2020, 11:52 PM
Hot? Check this forcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQuVOQwRvQ8

Gwolf
08-18-2020, 06:29 AM
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/14984641/2020/08/furnace-creek-death-valley-130-degrees.jpg?w=1280

trong
08-18-2020, 08:45 AM
I know most of you have the "Hell Freezes Over" album by The Eagles, on CD. Just listen to the whole album a few times and it will make you feel much cooler.
Cheers.

ARtraveler
08-18-2020, 09:45 AM
I know the pain Dave. At those 100 degree temps, even the riding breezes are cruel...and don't get stuck at a stop sign in traffic. :yikes:

Mikey
08-18-2020, 10:52 AM
Maybe I have to shovel a little snow in the winter, and have to put up with a few sticky days in Maine, but I will take that over, wild fires, earthquakes, and twisters, and hurricanes any time!!:ohyea:

ARtraveler
08-18-2020, 02:05 PM
Maybe I have to shovel a little snow in the winter, and have to put up with a few sticky days in Maine, but I will take that over, wild fires, earthquakes, and twisters, and hurricanes any time!!:ohyea:

Totally agree with your viewpoint. And don't forget the firenados. That is something I don't want to see.

ThreeWheels
08-18-2020, 02:12 PM
Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term:

"Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities.

1) If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2) Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it ? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year that "It will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic.

And to make you feel cooler:

Mikey
08-18-2020, 02:20 PM
:agree: What he said!!!:roflblack: All my friends are there, and so will I follow!!

mcalva
08-18-2020, 04:32 PM
I don't know if he's going to obtain a good evaluation but the answer is certainly great!

BajaRon
08-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Fought a wildland fire in 113 degree (ambient temperature) one day. No telling what the temperature was on the fireline. I had to fly out one of my firefighters because they were unconscious and not sweating anymore. We were lucky to be in a spot where a helicopter could get to us. That one scared me.

ES44AC
08-18-2020, 07:51 PM
I always thought California was at the gates.

iridenow
08-18-2020, 09:31 PM
After having been all jacked up with that good ole broken
make that SHATTERED left foot for one whole year.......
I have been looking forward to getting out there and riding
I had plenty of time to add lots of cool lighting and other
electronics, new seat and more, I got in about 80 miles total
last week. Well last Friday I thought now it's time to go put some
miles on my SPYDER Well this is what greeted me.... and it says it
will last for about 7 or 8 more days from today..... now I love to ride
but I don't want to MELT.....

Come to Phoenix! We have broken more freaking records this year for heat than I thought imaginable. 114 today.

Bfromla
08-21-2020, 12:54 PM
184076184077 :gaah:think:spyder2: agrees with you:dontknow: yesterday out on therapy ride 100m across the state, this was after a short stop 30~45m parked in sun. thankfully did not go to limp mode like has before few years back when only hit 107*. Still was good RYDE :clap: Bud showed me good outdoor/hardware store made fairly good impression at the door184078 FYI store like a cross between bass pro & true value even had indoor range:b2b: will be returning.

KenF
08-21-2020, 01:16 PM
Seeing all those 100+ temps really makes me glad I am in the Pacific Northwest. :ohyea: