PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder owner in Mn

kytten
08-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi, my name is Amanda.

I'm a new Spyder owner in Minnesota. I bought my Syder at Leo's South in Lakeville and drove it home on Friday evening -- I live is Rosemount. I went back today and they told me that they'd sold another one yesterday. So I can't claim to be the newest Spyder owner in the state, but I'm pretty new.

Previous to buying my Spyder I had never ridden a motorcycle before, so when I say new, I mean NEW.

So far I'm really happy with my purchase, though I'm still getting used to it. It was about a 20 minute drive home on Friday night and I've been sore for the last two days. I didn't ride yesterday just to let my muscles rest but have ridden quite a bit today.

Anyway, I have a 09 SE5 in Silver, so if you see one tooling around the south metro it's probably me. :)

DynamoBT
08-16-2009, 05:39 PM
welcome and :congrats: on your new ryde!!!

docdoru
08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
welcome and :congrats: for your :f_spider: :thumbup:

Capt John
08-16-2009, 06:07 PM
:congrats: :clap::clap:welcome Enjoy the Ryde! :yes::yes:

Big Arm
08-16-2009, 06:10 PM
kytten, :congrats: on your purchase.:clap:

welcome

fastfraser
08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
:congrats:welcome:spyder2:on.

Relax your hold when you ride, you won,t be so sore the next day.

Bersquack
08-16-2009, 06:47 PM
:congrats: and welcome

BumbleBee
08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
welcome:congrats: Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe.

I too have never been on a motorcycle before. I was sore for a days, numb and tingling in my fingers and hands was pretty bad. Relax your hands. Flex and wiggle your fingers at traffic lights, and I rubbed my hands on my legs, with time that will go away. Scoot far as possible forward in your seat.

I also got some Kuryakyn Iso grips and the 4" risers, that will make a big difference.

jimmykjimmy
08-16-2009, 07:05 PM
:2excited::2excited::2excited:good luck

kytten
08-16-2009, 07:33 PM
welcome:congrats: Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe.

I too have never been on a motorcycle before. I was sore for a days, numb and tingling in my fingers and hands was pretty bad. Relax your hands. Flex and wiggle your fingers at traffic lights, and I rubbed my hands on my legs, with time that will go away. Scoot far as possible forward in your seat.

I also got some Kuryakyn Iso grips and the 4" risers, that will make a big difference.

Thanks for the tips. I went and talked to my dealer yesterday and they agreed that I just need to relax. I'm sure that's the case too and will probably do so as I get more comfortable riding.

For the risers -- I'm 5'4. I figured only taller people would need the bar risers is that not the case? Also -- being new at this -- I'm not sure what the difference is in grips. Are they just smaller?

ElkSpyder
08-17-2009, 03:15 AM
welcome and :congrats: on getting a really great machine to ride. Was in the twin cities in July for the soccer tournament at Blaine. Will be back next year. Hope to meet up and ride some.

The_Spyderwoman
08-17-2009, 03:39 AM
:2thumbs:welcome:congrats:

jimclarkf1
08-17-2009, 07:16 AM
:clap:Mine was bought there also, it still runs perfect,,,,,,,,,,,

babyanlee
08-18-2009, 04:08 AM
welcome :congrats: :spyder: Ryde Safe:yes::yes::yes:

SpyderRyder810
08-18-2009, 12:28 PM
welcome and :congrats: on your new purchase.

Lynn
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi Amanda,
I too bought my spyder at Leo's last September. Initially I struggled with soreness and had to relax. What a difference!!!!!! I now can go for long rides without feeling any sorness with the exception of tingling hand. I am buying different grips that allow for vibration and should make a difference. Maybe I will see you around in my yellow spyder.

Lynn

the nip
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I to got my Spyder At Leos about 2500 miles ago. Love it, it's a black rts se5
We pull a bunkhouse camper and camp almost every weekend. If I see you about I'll flag you down and chat. Enjoy your new toy, Bill

jnt
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
welcome to a fellow Leo's customer(s). We've had ours since Dec 07! Quite a few mods, including cruise, luggage, bar risers, etc. Looking for someone to ryde with? PM me or Laughing Heart.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi Kytten, I too am 5'4" and drive my husband's sypder. He has put 2 sets of risers on and it's much more comfortable for me as well. I sit up straighter than on the stock handlebars. The big key for me was to relax!!!! And move my left hand fingers whenever possible, I also had the tingles in my fingers, that changes as you learn to relax. Have fun, I have to steal the spyder in order to cruise around.

Paula