PDA

View Full Version : BRp Bag Lights from ESI

Firefly
08-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Here are some quick pics of how the wires run for the lights. Install takes a couple hours - but WOW are these bright from behind!

Firefly
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
And some more pics...

Capt John
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Good job on the pics. :2thumbs:

Bersquack
08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
As usual you did an awesome job with the pics and the details.

Thanks for sharing.

How long did it take to install?

Firefly
08-16-2009, 09:34 PM
As usual you did an awesome job with the pics and the details.

Thanks for sharing.

How long did it take to install?

I would say 2 hours total.

Did I mention how freaking bright these things are????

glynnk
08-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Man, you do a teriffic job on detailing installs and add ons!

Glynnk

BLACK WIDOW
08-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Firefly-:firstplace:--Good pictures/instructions. What would we do without ya.:2thumbs:

Michael:doorag:

WackyDan
08-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I can't wait to get to these.... Nice pictures!

Only thing I might add based on pics... I have found the Givi V35 case lanyards to be sucky. Those are the little straps that screw into the sides and hold 1/2 of the case at 90 degrees open. I have one case where they have both pulled out and were essentially that way from new. I haven't fixed them as of yet, but don't put a lot of stress on them.

The reason I bring that up is if those lanyards let go and the case swings open towards the ground, that wire for the lights that spans the two halves will hopefully be long enough that it is not stretched/stressed by the lanyard failure.

Firefly
08-17-2009, 10:16 AM

Only thing I might add based on pics... I have found the Givi V35 case lanyards to be sucky. Those are the little straps that screw into the sides and hold 1/2 of the case at 90 degrees open. I have one case where they have both pulled out and were essentially that way from new. I haven't fixed them as of yet, but don't put a lot of stress on them.

The reason I bring that up is if those lanyards let go and the case swings open towards the ground, that wire for the lights that spans the two halves will hopefully be long enough that it is not stretched/stressed by the lanyard failure.

I struggled with how long to leave the wires---- too long and they could get in the way when closing. I made them so there is just some slack when the case is fully open. No problems with my lanyards --- but I'm really careful with them since reading they can come off easily.

Capt John
08-17-2009, 09:12 PM

I have had a lanyard failure and was concerned about the stress it put on the wiring, but it held up fine. This happened 5 weeks ago and there was no problems with my bag lights.