PDA

View Full Version : S&S MOTOR

steven888
08-16-2009, 11:50 AM
This is the most off the wall idea I have heard of so far. Met this guy who has a friend who is designing his spyder to have a S&S 140 horsepower v twin. Also, Fabricating a wider swing arm to fit a 10 inch wide wheel. I told him about spyderlovers.com and that maybe his friend could join the family and we could chat. He said he ould mention it to him. We will have to wait and see. That would be pretty cool to see.:hun:

Brevet05
08-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I guess the obvious question is getting that radical a mod past the nanny. My money's on losing all the computer functions. That said, I'd love to see a Muscle Spyder in action! Please keep us updated if he decides not to participate in the forum.:spyder:

steven888
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM
From what he said to me. I guess he will remove the computer and the sensors.

tweeder
08-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Let me know how the wider swing arm goes as i'm interested.

Smylinacha
08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
This is the most off the wall idea I have heard of so far. Met this guy who has a friend who is designing his spyder to have a S&S 140 horsepower v twin. Also, Fabricating a wider swing arm to fit a 10 inch wide wheel. I told him about spyderlovers.com and that maybe his friend could join the family and we could chat. He said he ould mention it to him. We will have to wait and see. That would be pretty cool to see.:hun:

OK, we gotta hang out!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

widowmaker2011
08-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Besides the obvious electronic problems with the Bosch nanny , If you think our bikes run warm , throw in an air cooled S and S motor and watch it cook. You couldn't take enough body panels off this thing with a sawsall to get enough air inside to cool it down.

Firefly
08-16-2009, 09:21 PM

I would spend your money with Ken @ evoluzione.net instead---- he can get your rotax 990 up to 175HP for less that what your project would cost.....

steven888
08-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I would spend your money with Ken @ evoluzione.net instead---- he can get your rotax 990 up to 175HP for less that what your project would cost.....

Nanny is still a problem if you have more horse power.

steven888
08-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Besides the obvious electronic problems with the Bosch nanny , If you think our bikes run warm , throw in an air cooled S and S motor and watch it cook. You couldn't take enough body panels off this thing with a sawsall to get enough air inside to cool it down.

I guess if you used some fans that might work.

Firefly
08-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Nanny is still a problem if you have more horse power.

Yup---- probably why Ken bypassed it. :ohyea:

SpyderDeb
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM

:roflblack::roflblack:"SAWSALL":roflblack::roflblack:

nater1
08-17-2009, 11:41 AM
S&S built 145 for a few builders so the could build bikes to celebrate S&S 50 years but never have retailed to the open market.

If you every go to a rally pick out a custom bike that is running a 107 or larger v-twin you will notice the guy pushing it in a traffic jam. The puppy heats up quicker than a lady on special X.

I would recommend just a factory built polished HD motor for $2500, and oil cooler.

Twodog185
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
He should put this in it instead:D..........

http://www.baddogcycles.com/products.php

215 CI air cooler motor. I'll bet it runs hotter than Miss Muffet.

I would think that sliding in any inline 4 cylinder (KAW 1300) would be easier.