PDA

View Full Version : Problems that show up on trip

Putt-Putt
08-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Well we're back home after our trip to the black Hills. Sure ran into our share of rain. We just had the steering upgrade done before we left. Here are the problems we had.

1.Rear Fender- Biker behind us follow us to gas station and said man your back fender is flopping around like crazy. Rear fender brackets are braking on both sides.

2. Engine- now has a miss-backfires-surges-hesitates and just plane died a few times; coming to a stop--taking off-- and just driving along. That could be very dangerous. Died just like the key was turned off.:dontknow::dontknow::yikes::yikes: Also there is a strong viberation when accelerating. Kinda like Loose engine mounts or something.

Other than that the trip was just fine. Camped out at Pactola Lake was really pretty. Deer would play in the water early in the mornings. We averaged 34.69 mpg. including Hwy. and driving around the Hills.

BLACK WIDOW
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Well we're back home after our trip to the black Hills. Sure ran into our share of rain. We just had the steering upgrade done before we left. Here are the problems we had.

1.Rear Fender- Biker behind us follow us to gas station and said man your back fender is flopping around like crazy. Rear fender brackets are braking on both sides.

2. Engine- now has a miss-backfires-surges-hesitates and just plane died a few times; coming to a stop--taking off-- and just driving along. That could be very dangerous. Died just like the key was turned off.:dontknow::dontknow::yikes::yikes: Also there is a strong viberation when accelerating. Kinda like Loose engine mounts or something.

Other than that the trip was just fine. Camped out at Pactola Lake was really pretty. Deer would play in the water early in the mornings. We averaged 34.69 mpg. including Hwy. and driving around the Hills.

Other than that???:yikes:

Michael:doorag:

Firefly
08-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I've had one of my rear brackets break also--- same problem with fender flapping around.

BajaRon
08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Are you pulling a trailer?

Vibration could be belt.

Hope you have better luck in the future. Our 5,500 mile trip to CA and back was great! No issues.

Bersquack
08-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I recently came back from a 2800 mile trip and the spyder did not miss a beat.

Putt-Putt
08-16-2009, 02:12 PM
No we are not pulling a trailer. But I did find that the bottom fender brackets bolts were loose. I tightened them this seemed to stiffen up the whole fender assembly. I don't know if that was what caused it, or the vibration thing I'm getting.
Oh we have well over 15,000 miles on it all together; if milage has anything to do with it.
I did here that several other people have this rear fender problem.