PDA

View Full Version : Ryker fuse supplier?

Garydj
08-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Does anyone have a supplier for the fuses used in the Ryker? I ordered a set from Amazon but they are physically too large. I'm not seeing any reference in the user manual about fuse specifications other than amp ratings and online the physical size is not mentioned either.

CopperSpyder
08-03-2020, 05:03 PM
try here "click: https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/cam/5c2f772f87a8661634626b65/electrical-main-harness-710005404-north-america

Garydj
08-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Thanks for your reply! I did finally find an Amazon supplier who made note of the physical dimension of the fuses and they match the Ryker fuse. I have bookmarked the site you mention as it does look like a good source for parts as needed.

try here "click: https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/cam/5c2f772f87a8661634626b65/electrical-main-harness-710005404-north-america

Steve W.
08-04-2020, 05:45 AM
YIKES!!! $7.29 for a common fuse???

Or is that for a 10-pack?

I know that Can-Am is really proud of what they offer, but let's face it, they call them by their brand name on the parts fiche: LittleFuse. I can go to the local auto parts store and at least get a 5-pack of LittleFuse or Buss fuses for just a bit less than that, there is no way I am going to order fuses for 7.29 each, add in some shipping charges, then wait for a week or more for them to show up.

I don't have a Ryker, nor have I worked on one, but fuses in most vehicles today come in three common sizes: ATC, mini ATC and micro ATC. Based on the brief description in the first post, I am going to guess that the Ryker uses either the mini or micro versions. Look at Wal-Mart or even Harbor Freight, you can find an assortment of 30 or so fuses for what Can-Am is charging for one.

Garydj
08-04-2020, 07:24 AM
I took it to mean that it was for one! And I did eventually find an assortment of 180 fuses for $8.99 on Amazon. They call them mini blade.

Part of my problem was that the Ryker manual only calls them fuses with no information other than the amperage. Until I found an offering with fuse dimensions, I had no idea what I needed or what I was going to receive.

YIKES!!! $7.29 for a common fuse???

Or is that for a 10-pack?

I know that Can-Am is really proud of what they offer, but let's face it, they call them by their brand name on the parts fiche: LittleFuse. I can go to the local auto parts store and at least get a 5-pack of LittleFuse or Buss fuses for just a bit less than that, there is no way I am going to order fuses for 7.29 each, add in some shipping charges, then wait for a week or more for them to show up.

I don't have a Ryker, nor have I worked on one, but fuses in most vehicles today come in three common sizes: ATC, mini ATC and micro ATC. Based on the brief description in the first post, I am going to guess that the Ryker uses either the mini or micro versions. Look at Wal-Mart or even Harbor Freight, you can find an assortment of 30 or so fuses for what Can-Am is charging for one.

KnurledNut
08-14-2021, 07:51 AM
The Ryker uses a mini type fuse. Not sure of the Spyder.