PDA

View Full Version : Do anyone no how to eliminate rev limiter

LOURACING
08-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Trying to see if anyone figured out how to eliminate the rev limiter u no when u hit the corner the rev limter kick in

Firefly
08-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Trying to see if anyone figured out how to eliminate the rev limiter u no when u hit the corner the rev limter kick in

That isn't the 'Rev Limiter' - it's the VSS -- Vehicle Stability System--- or as many call it--- the Nanny.

No good way to do it for riding -- but some have done it temporarily so they can put it on a Dyno.

Just gotta learn to live with it.

LOURACING
08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
That isn't the 'Rev Limiter' - it's the VSS -- Vehicle Stability System--- or as many call it--- the Nanny.

No good way to do it for riding -- but some have done it temporarily so they can put it on a Dyno.

Just gotta learn to live with it.
so if u disconect it what will happen can u drive it like that

NancysToy
08-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Putting it on a dyno is one thing, with the wheel speed sensors removed from the wheel, but not disconnected. Trying to disconnect all the sensors that feed into this system, yaw rate sensor, wheel speed sensors, steering angle sensor, etc, would also affect the power steering, and probably put the Spyder into limp mode. On a moving, cornering vehicle, this could spell disaster, even in the hands of the most capable or fearless riders. I do not want to be negative here, but we must accept the Spyder for what it is, including the VSS. If we cannot, we should move on. This thing is not easy to make into a radical hotrod or stunt vehicle, and I don't think we should try.

LOURACING
08-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Putting it on a dyno is one thing, with the wheel speed sensors removed from the wheel, but not disconnected. Trying to disconnect all the sensors that feed into this system, yaw rate sensor, wheel speed sensors, steering angle sensor, etc, would also affect the power steering, and probably put the Spyder into limp mode. On a moving, cornering vehicle, this could spell disaster, even in the hands of the most capable or fearless riders. I do not want to be negative here, but we must accept the Spyder for what it is, including the VSS. If we cannot, we should move on. This thing is not easy to make into a radical hotrod or stunt vehicle, and I don't think we should try.
Yeah i no what u mean see i build drag atv's for a living i have yamaha banshee's running on methanol so speed is in my blood and its to slow for me but thank u for the feedback i am real close of making this thing a winter project and putting a twin turbo suzuki hayabus 1300 motor

Roaddog2
08-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah i no what u mean see i build drag atv's for a living i have yamaha banshee's running on methanol so speed is in my blood and its to slow for me but thank u for the feedback i am real close of making this thing a winter project and putting a twin turbo suzuki hayabus 1300 motor
:popcorn:welcome:popcorn:

Smylinacha
08-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Trying to see if anyone figured out how to eliminate the rev limiter u no when u hit the corner the rev limter kick in Right now nobody really knows and thinks it's not a good idea - JUST YET. But there are enough gearheads in this forum so I'm sure it will be worked around at some point:2thumbs:welcome

NancysToy
08-15-2009, 10:38 PM
I fully understand your addiction. :D I have raced sleds, hydros, bikes, karts, and cars. That includes nitro bikes and dragsters (front-engined variety...I'm old). If you want a real hotrod that looks like a Spyder, gutting out the electronics completely and installing a killer motor is the way to do it. Frankly, I think that would be far safer than trying to work around the existing systems with a patch or modification of some sort. Nanny gets real fussy when you bother her! :D Best of luck in your endeavor.

Firefly
08-16-2009, 12:29 AM

Contact Ken from evoluzione.net if you want to go down this path - he's got his custom Spyder running much more HP (150 or 175 I think) and did disconnect the VSS for his testing purposes--- which are not on the road. He sells cams and pistons to boost the power.

As far as mating a different motor up--- good luck. You will probably have no choice but to yank all of the original Spyder electronics and sensors.

You do know you can get a reverse trike conversion for the Hayabusa.....

Lamonster
08-16-2009, 06:21 AM
If you're going to change the motor anyway why do you need to disable the VSS? :dontknow:

http://reversetrike.com/spinwurkz.html
http://spinwurkz.com/catalog/galleryOLD/index.php?gal=13
http://reversetrike.com/reverse-trike-tt1-spinwurkz66ms.jpg

BajaRon
08-16-2009, 07:26 AM

:agree: completely! And it is not a negative, it's just reality. Dealing correctly with reality is always a positive thing.

The Spyder is a very powerful, responsive machine. If unleashed (de-VSS'ed) it will certainly do things that the human body will not be able to handle.

When talking to the tech's in Valcort they mentioned the term "Lawn Dart" in regards to some of their test riders with the VSS turned off.

These are not rank amatures. These are X-Motorcycle Racing Professionals getting tossed.

As much as I'd like to turn my Nanny off at times, I've been able to scare myself WITH her turned on.

Sometimes it is just best to leave well enough alone.

My 2 Cents...Don't Go There!

LOURACING
08-16-2009, 06:49 PM
:agree: completely! And it is not a negative, it's just reality. Dealing correctly with reality is always a positive thing.

The Spyder is a very powerful, responsive machine. If unleashed (de-VSS'ed) it will certainly do things that the human body will not be able to handle.

When talking to the tech's in Valcort they mentioned the term "Lawn Dart" in regards to some of their test riders with the VSS turned off.

These are not rank amatures. These are X-Motorcycle Racing Professionals getting tossed.

As much as I'd like to turn my Nanny off at times, I've been able to scare myself WITH her turned on.

Sometimes it is just best to leave well enough alone.

My 2 Cents...Don't Go There!Thank u for the feedback i was just wondering does anyone has turn there nanny of and have driven it with it off me i build drag atv's and custom busa's so this is like have the both off both world's but at the end off the day u can get more horsepower off a busa motor then a can am and there is more aftermarket parts for busa then can am dont no yet if i will do it yet realy have to see if i can find a good turbo busa motor i love my can am the way it is is that i like to take things to another level that no one will i am still going to leave the vss and all the suspention and the way it is just give it some horsepower see the can am has enough room in there to dump a bigger motor

LOURACING
08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
If you're going to change the motor anyway why do you need to disable the VSS? :dontknow:

http://reversetrike.com/spinwurkz.html
http://spinwurkz.com/catalog/galleryOLD/index.php?gal=13
http://reversetrike.com/reverse-trike-tt1-spinwurkz66ms.jpg
yeah i no steve i do business with him all the time he is in pa like me we are good frreinds but u are looking at 30 to 35 thousand dollar busa when u can buy a used can am spyder for 12 buy a busa motor used for 1500 and buy a turbo system for it for 3 to 4 grand and u are under 30 thousand dollars and something different