PDA

View Full Version : Widow Pegs Help!!!

Questions
08-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I got the widow pegs from Kuryakan and when I started installing, it said if there is too much slack in the rear peg mount to add the D spring. I added it and now the pin is stuck part way in and I cannot get it in the rest of the way or out. So I have a peg on without the pin all the way through. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BLACK WIDOW
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I got the widow pegs from Kuryakan and when I started installing, it said if there is too much slack in the rear peg mount to add the D spring. I added it and now the pin is stuck part way in and I cannot get it in the rest of the way or out. So I have a peg on without the pin all the way through. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Take a small punch and drive it up from the bottom or take a rubber hammer and drive it down from the top. Something isn't lined up exactly. You may need to wiggle things around a little to get it all lined up.:f_spider:

wyliec
08-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Take a small punch and drive it up from the bottom or take a rubber hammer and drive it down from the top. Something isn't lined up exactly. You may need to wiggle things around a little to get it all lined up.:f_spider:

I too had to use a small punch and wiggle it to line things up.

Although you didn't ask, I would think twice before installing the set srews.