PDA

View Full Version : Ryker 900 Ace won't power on, not even the brake lights?! Ideas?

u2magooo
07-27-2020, 11:19 AM
Hi All,

I had just returned from a short ride to the local Walgreens, and then parked the Ryker in my driveway. A few minutes later I decide it's a nice day to take a ride, but this is not to be, because when I tried to turn on the Ryker no response. No noise, no clicks, no lights, not even crickets. If anyone has had this experience of a Ryker just not powering on at all suddenly out of the blue please let me know? Oh and the battery is fully charged too. The trike is only 3 months old and barely has 300 miles on it. I am waiting on the dealership to open on Tuesday. They're closed for the weekend. :(

SportsterDoc
07-27-2020, 11:48 AM
Pressing start button, even without "key" in place and even with stop/run in stop position, should
a. power fuel pump
b. power display
c. illuminate tail lights
for a few seconds

If not, check fuses and battery cables; both cables, both ends
Especially fuses F5, F7, F8 and J4 (main)

canamryder
07-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Hi All,

I had just returned from a short ride to the local Walgreens, and then parked the Ryker in my driveway. A few minutes later I decide it's a nice day to take a ride, but this is not to be, because when I tried to turn on the Ryker no response. No noise, no clicks, no lights, not even crickets. If anyone has had this experience of a Ryker just not powering on at all suddenly out of the blue please let me know? Oh and the battery is fully charged too. The trike is only 3 months old and barely has 300 miles on it. I am waiting on the dealership to open on Tuesday. They're closed for the weekend. :(

Make sure all your accessory wires (inc. battery tender leads) are on TOP of your main battery cables. There's a lot of juice trying to get through those smaller diameter contacts.

SportsterDoc
07-30-2020, 09:25 AM
u2magoo: Any update?

SportsterDoc
07-30-2020, 09:28 AM
Make sure all your accessory wires (inc. battery tender leads) are on TOP of your main battery cables. There's a lot of juice trying to get through those smaller diameter contacts.

That is good advice. Living where I do, I removed the battery tender cables that the dealer added as part of prep.

Cable terminals have not loosened since I torqued them. If they do, I will add lock washers.