PDA

View Full Version : How do you like the Corbin Hardbags?

Dochands
08-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I am very tempted to try these out. Expensive but look worth it. I have used Corbin before and was lucky enough to be close to Hollister and the showroom.

A few questions for you all: They look like they not only compliment the bike but almost improve its amazing looks. But being a photographer, I know my pics can make almost anyone look good. Are they as sleek and sweet as they appear? I love the unique look of the Spyder and would hate to compromise it.

And, how much do they actually carry? The volume thing leaves me flat because depending on the shape only certain things fit certain ways. Are there soft cases fit for it yet?

I have already ordered a Unigo trailer so this may be overkill. And would it be worth a ride to Florida and have it installed (just for fun) or is the install easy? Whats the lead time to get them? I have a Shadow kit so I want black.

Help appreciated. This is a great forum but its starting to cost me money. Too many great things to buy. lol

NancysToy
08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
. . . . .This is a great forum but its starting to cost me money. Too many great things to buy. lol
The forum doesn't cost anybody anything. We're just a bad influence! :roflblack:

SpyderRyder810
08-15-2009, 08:35 PM
A few questions for you all: They look like they not only compliment the bike but almost improve its amazing looks. But being a photographer, I know my pics can make almost anyone look good. Are they as sleek and sweet as they appear? I love the unique look of the Spyder and would hate to compromise it.

And, how much do they actually carry? The volume thing leaves me flat because depending on the shape only certain things fit certain ways. Are there soft cases fit for it yet?

I have already ordered a Unigo trailer so this may be overkill. And would it be worth a ride to Florida and have it installed (just for fun) or is the install easy? Whats the lead time to get them? I have a Shadow kit so I want black.

Yes, they are as sleek as they appear.
Corbin's website will give you the exact volume. I think it's close to 44 liters.
I use 2 different size backpacker compression bags and they fit into the Corbin saddlebags very nicely. Once the saddlebag is open...it's just grab and go. And I fill the saddlebags completelywith them.
Installation is quite straight forward and instructions are easy to follow. [However if you have any concerns with regards to relocating the turn signal lights, then having Corbin do the install may be what's best.]
Corbin will tell you 8-9 weeks. With that said, I received the rear fender in two weeks, the saddlebags in four weeks, and the trunkbox in eight weeks. It depends on available stock and if they are having any issues with the molding process or paint.
Good Luck...Joan
P.S. I love my Corbin accessories! :2thumbs:

widowmaker1
08-17-2009, 07:17 PM
I am a brand new Spyder owner and the very first modification I made was the addition of the Corbin bags. I love them and can't imagine life without them. Together they hold 33 gal. Between the two and the trunk I can get a week's worth of groceries for three on the Spyder! I love the look, the shape, the lids and they are nicely lined. I had mine painted flat black because the bike is eventually going to be flat anyway. Currently I have the black/silver model. I get tons of compliments on them and highly recommend.

pastorchuck
08-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Love my bags and trunk. Expensive yes, but they are the best investment I made...

babyanlee
08-18-2009, 05:38 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: Agree with all below - don't know what I'd do without them:agree:

wildbill6565
08-18-2009, 11:05 AM
We like ours but I had to touch up the paint on the brackets before I put them on since Corbin did not paint all of it and now the paint is cracking on one of my bags and the wife's Smuggerly trunk. Got them just last December.
We got Corbin hitch at Daytona and they are rusting too.

dragonheart
08-18-2009, 11:51 AM
:2thumbs: I also agree with the positive comments. I am able to carry more than my husband on his Gold Wing. Wouldn't be without them and worth every penny for looks and function.

irish2themax
08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
I have both the saddle bags and the smuggler trunk. The lines are perfect for the Spyder and I get more comments on the bags than the Spyder itself!!

SpyderRyder810
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
We like ours but I had to touch up the paint on the brackets before I put them on since Corbin did not paint all of it and now the paint is cracking on one of my bags and the wife's Smuggerly trunk. Got them just last December.
We got Corbin hitch at Daytona and they are rusting too.

Corbin give a 1 year warrenty on their products. Did you talk with them about this?

gladdy's spyder
08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I have the saddle bags and smugglers pac and solo seat and love them, they make the Spyder look more sleek and I can go grocery shopping for a week with it. Only complaint is I don't think the lids close properly and that water accumulates in the hole the locks set in, I thought Corbin would have a booth at Sturgis but never loacated one, and course my dealer here that installed them says oh well. But sure wouldn't take them off.

SpyderGirl
08-18-2009, 10:38 PM
TOTALLY WORTH THE $$$$!!! I LOVE my Corbin saddlebags. They hold A LOT of stuff. I am also pulling a piggybacker trailer for our trip next month. Between the saddlebags and the trailer we should be nice and comfortable for our trip.

The Corbin bags totally match the lines of the Spyder. People can't believe it didn't come stock like that. I've had them on since July of last year and I've never taken them off (except to clean and add the hitch). I don't know what I would do without them. I just love them! :2thumbs:

MizMuffet
08-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Well I'm NOT a professional photographer, and I still think they look great from the rear or any angle.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/kajolaba/bikes/spyder5.jpg?t=1251511289
They do hold a lot. I've never tried to get a full-face helmet in it, but there's room to spare putting my short helmet with visor in it.

Desert Spyder
08-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Well I'm NOT a professional photographer, and I still think they look great from the rear or any angle.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/kajolaba/bikes/spyder5.jpg?t=1251511289
They do hold a lot. I've never tried to get a full-face helmet in it, but there's room to spare putting my short helmet with visor in it.

Nice! Is that the F1 Mantis fairing I see? If not, how do you like it anyway?

PS...still waiting for my Corbin trunk, its been about 2 months since it was ordered

ddeyle
08-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I am very satisfied with them. People that have looked at mine can't believe how much they hold. They definitly hold more than the bags on my H-D Road Glide.

They are expensive but I feel that they are worth it.

MizMuffet
08-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Nice! Is that the F1 Mantis fairing I see? If not, how do you like it anyway?

PS...still waiting for my Corbin trunk, its been about 2 months since it was ordered

Thank you!
That's the Corbin Fleetliner Fairing, same as the bags. I really like it, too. Love the way it looks, and it lets me tuck my speakers and amp under it out of the wind. You get better sound with some kind of shielding behind your speakers.

Hope your trunk arrives soon!

Ghost_Ryder
08-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes, they are as sleek as they appear.
Corbin's website will give you the exact volume. I think it's close to 44 liters.
I use 2 different size backpacker compression bags and they fit into the Corbin saddlebags very nicely. Once the saddlebag is open...it's just grab and go. And I fill the saddlebags completelywith them.
Installation is quite straight forward and instructions are easy to follow. [However if you have any concerns with regards to relocating the turn signal lights, then having Corbin do the install may be what's best.]
Corbin will tell you 8-9 weeks. With that said, I received the rear fender in two weeks, the saddlebags in four weeks, and the trunkbox in eight weeks. It depends on available stock and if they are having any issues with the molding process or paint.

Good Luck...Joan
P.S. I love my Corbin accessories! :2thumbs:

I agree with everything Joan said. I've taken a trip from San Antonio to the Grand Canyon and back and they hold all the stuff you'll need. Only thing that can be a pain is if it rains; the lock mechanism is a low spot and it fills up with water. No leaks just a little puddle. A towel soaks it right up.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x98/markpsatx/Spyder/Aug09_1.jpg

richie
08-29-2009, 08:24 PM
The best :agree:

jrl.spyder
08-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I love my Corbin hard bags, and did a little shopping for soft "luggage" to fit inside. I found a JanSport "messenger" bag that holds a lot and fits into the Corbins very well. About $50 at local sports store.

So I pack the messenger bag with needed clothing, etc. and just lift it out and carry it into hotels, etc.:2thumbs:

Here's some pix