PDA

View Full Version : Sercurity? The best way lock the F3

Mcolabella
07-24-2020, 06:01 AM
While at home and before I get garage, or a trailer to store it.

Whast is t he best to secure them
Chain threw the wheel etc.....

Thank you

Trbayth
07-24-2020, 08:13 AM
While at home and before I get garage, or a trailer to store it.

Whast is t he best to secure them
Chain threw the wheel etc.....

Thank you

You can lock the handlebars by turning them all the way to the left, then turning your key to the left (without pushing it in) to the lock position. Remove the key and your handlebars are locked.

RICZ
07-24-2020, 12:05 PM
A full cover helps to keep prying eyes away.

Rattlebars
07-24-2020, 01:04 PM
temporary garage works good along with locks mentioned above.

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html

monkeyboymorton
07-25-2020, 09:13 AM
I use a 'disclock' on the back wheel - abus 'Granit':

Fits nicely through the slots between the rear disc and it's mounting bracket. I can take a picture if you're interested.

Insurance in the UK often insists on a 'visible deterrent' to get theft cover. Not sure if these are widely used in the US or more of a European thing?

tibadoe
07-25-2020, 09:29 AM
Cover to keep out of sight and if you can lock it up. If thief has the time they will find a way -- but at least they will have to work at it.

Mcolabella
07-26-2020, 09:29 AM
I use a 'disclock' on the back wheel - abus 'Granit':

Fits nicely through the slots between the rear disc and it's mounting bracket. I can take a picture if you're interested.

Insurance in the UK often insists on a 'visible deterrent' to get theft cover. Not sure if these are widely used in the US or more of a European thing?

Thanks can you share a photo of it on your ride

Rattlebars
07-29-2020, 08:38 AM
Honestly, the best theft device is the Can AM BRP logo along with the D.E.S.S. key system. The Harley parked next to you is more the likely target for theft. Easier to load onto a trailer and more of a profit point for the thieves.