PDA

View Full Version : F3 OEM handlebars versus long reach bars

troop
07-18-2020, 11:08 AM
Saw on various threads inquiries about long reach handlebars. I knarfed up my long reach bars when installing risers, as the risers won't work with clamp mount powerports. Anyways, I took them off to get powder coated Monday, so I thought I'd post up some comparison pictures between the long reach/stock F3S handlebars. On a side note, I did take a tip from Lamonster Billy Club bars, and bought/installed some 7/8" aluminum spacers/longer bolts. At the clamp base angle, they do raise a touch/bring back a touch the bars. These make the long reach bars feel really good to me. Just some FYI ...

Peter Aawen
07-18-2020, 09:31 PM
Can I play the Devil's Advocate here and ask that you clarify 'Which is which' in your pics?? :dontknow:

Just 'to be sure, to be sure' that there's no further confusion, of course. :p ;)

troop
07-19-2020, 08:23 AM
Surely :) Some get confused about how Can-Am defines them. Longer reach bars are for taller individuals or those who like a further reach. Therefore, long reach bars place the grips/controls FURTHER away from the rider. Short reach bars would bring the grips/controls closer to the rider.
Long reach bars = the lower/shorter bar. Approx 2" more reach and 2" less height when installed compared to the OEM handlebar.