PDA

View Full Version : New spyder Questions

mclaw44
08-12-2009, 06:56 AM
:helpsmilie:
OK so I'm looking at getting a spyder in Oct of this year :D. I have a few questions that the guys at the shop selling these bike don't know the answer or they are just trying to sell what's on there floor. So I'm looking for some help and I hope to find some answers.

#1 when does the next model year come out
#2 what are the changes, if any have people heard?
#3 are prices different shop to shop?
#4 Is there a way to find people in the area that ride spyders (springfield Ohio)

Thanks for anyones help! And to the Webmaster of spyderlovers.com "THIS SITE ROCKS!!!":2thumbs: I really have spent allot of time on your site looking at mods and reading what others have to say! Thanks and keep up the GREAT work! I know it takes allot time!

Country Spyder
08-12-2009, 07:02 AM
I can answer #3 and #4 easily.

#3 - Honda East Toledo will be your best price in Ohio. The guys @ Middletown Cycle are great but the bike will cost you about 500 more, but I thought the gerat service was worth the $$$.

#4 - stay on this site, and let me know when you get yours. The ride up from Lebanon is to far :2thumbs:. I know there are a few others in the area on this site.

as for #1 and #2 there has been talk of a touring model in 2010 but only a few images have surfaced. I have no idea on cost for that.

CS

Lamonster
08-12-2009, 07:03 AM
welcome

#1 when does the next model year come out
The dealer meeting is in Sept. and that's when they can order the 2010 Spyders

#2 what are the changes, if any have people heard?
Very few people know what changes if any are coming for 2010 including the dealers. Sept. is not that far away, I would wait and see at this point.

#3 are prices different shop to shop?
Yes, when they first came out every dealer was selling at list or above, now there are a few deals out there. Make some phone calls and do your homework.

#4 Is there a way to find people in the area that ride spyders (springfield Ohio)
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

BumbleBee
08-12-2009, 07:10 AM
welcome If you are in no hurry, wait and see what the 2010 model is like, price, and all.

wolfshead1
08-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Better try American Powersports of Findlay Ohio,they sell more than anyone in the midwest.

cwhcwh
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
welcome

Dragonrider
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
There are finally some great prices - check out the Phantom on the 4 sale area of this Forum - add a BEST warranty, and you've just saved a ton of cash... Otherwise, the prices vary by $3K shop to shop by state... you just have to do the work.

nipmip2002
08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
welcome just keep your eyes open and you'll find what your looking for at the right price.

Dukester
08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking about trading my 2008 in for a 2010. Does anyone know if they addresed all the issues with the previous years errors?
Fires, oil in air filter, longer mirrors, parking brake problems. hands free trunk release. Thank you for any informatin.

shunkmanitu
08-12-2009, 12:14 PM
welcome If you are in no hurry, wait and see what the 2010 model is like, price, and all.
>>>>>but the rest of us will just RIDE!
:spyder2::ohyea::spyder::clap:welcome:congrats:

Smylinacha
08-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I heard for 2010 touring model w/ bags. Colors: blue, burgandy (yuck) and white (double yuck).

Wish I knew if it had a stereo or not. I think I'll keep the one I got though.

Ken5517 / Wish Again
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
where do you guys get all this info on the 2010 models if there really is one?

We now have the colors?

bjt
08-13-2009, 07:08 AM

We now have the colors?

Rumors and pictures. There have been a few photos that show a touring model of the Spyder and I think folks are speculating that it will be released in 2010. I thought the talk of different colors, specifically blue (replacing yellow), came from one of the SpyderTalk / BRP chats a long time ago. :dontknow: One of the first pictures I saw of this touring Spyder showed a blue Spyder with a taller windshield and a rear bag setup that looked more like a Goldwing than the Corbin or Givi setups that are currently available. The photo looked like a BRP print ad, not the photoshopped picture of a Spyder front end with a Goldwing back end. Adding a bit more intrigue and validity to the new model talk, I heard BRP contacted lamonster and asked him to remove the photo when it first popped up a few months ago as it was not supposed to be released to the public.

Bersquack
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I'll try to be as vague as possible as I am not supposed to say much about #2, but I think people will find it interesting. Blue will be an option. There will also be two touring option: full-electronic equipment or not.

All should be revealed in September.

SpyderRyder810
08-13-2009, 09:56 AM
welcome

mclaw44
08-13-2009, 11:13 AM
WOW! what great info you all ROCK :2thumbs:. Now im really not sure what Im going to do. I really want to get on my own spyder but it sounds like i should wait to see what the 2010 models bring us all. Hmmmm what to do! THANKS!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

wolfshead1
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
The waiting is KKKKKKK IIII LLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLL IIIIII nnnnnnnn me.

Ken5517 / Wish Again
08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I'll try to be as vague as possible as I am not supposed to say much about #2, but I think people will find it interesting. Blue will be an option. There will also be two touring option: full-electronic equipment or not.

All should be revealed in September.

So full-electronic equipment means what - a radio?

3wheeldemon
08-13-2009, 01:11 PM

:roflblack:Good one! my bet is on automatic transmission, it looks like an easy upgrade from the SE that already downshifts. (not that I want it, I actually regret I did not get the SM).

I hope BRP don't get too distracted on changes, and finish ironing out the quality issues of the base models.

3WD

blaquevenus
08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
WOW! what great info you all ROCK :2thumbs:. Now im really not sure what Im going to do. I really want to get on my own spyder but it sounds like i should wait to see what the 2010 models bring us all. Hmmmm what to do! THANKS!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

we r in the same boat mclaw, i 2 am waiting & seeing whats 2 come, i am eager 2 purchase, but i think i can wait...

bjt
08-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Could be that and more. :dontknow: I guess I would consider full electronics on a bike to be AM/FM/CD/MP3 player, possibly XM or Sirius also, a GPS, a cruise control and provisions for bike to bike (CB radio?) / rider to pillion communications.

Smylinacha
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM

We now have the colors?

Dealer told me but they weren't sure. Said that is what they heard. Not the colors I wanna buy either. Only way I'd get a new one was if it had a major sound system, fatter tires in the front, chopped front fenders, gloss black, blacked out EVERYTHING, cruise control, bigger engine, take the antenae off and put some decent mirrors on it, two bros exhaust, heated grips.