PDA

View Full Version : BIR docdoru quartermile video done finally

SethO
08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

thanks again to doc for coming up and showing me what can be done to the spyder to improve it more.

dave01
08-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Wow, Great video. You two are really dedicated Spyder Ryders. I never thought of the Spyder on the drag strip. Of course, I never imagined 47000 miles on one either. Congrats to the both of you.

CheeseCake
08-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Sweet!
Makes me want to take her to the drag strip! :yikes:

Firefly
08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Who is who?

What mods done?

Who won most of the time?

Little surprised with any decent mods the Spyder can't hit sub 13.

Big Arm
08-12-2009, 11:32 AM
:congrats: to both......looks like fun :2thumbs:

effgjamis
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
WOW.....Double...WOW WOW
You are both winners.....

nipmip2002
08-12-2009, 11:52 AM
too much fun. what was the best time/speed of the day?

tweeder
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I would have taken off the bags though, extra weight. My guess is he lost just base on the hp to weight ratio.

patches
08-12-2009, 01:06 PM
For those that don't know, the one with the bags is DOC and his all silver spyder.
DOC..REALLY..I THOUGHT I TRAINED YOU BETTER THAN THAT. OK Seth0, guess we can let you in the spyder rider race team club...but you know the rules..first rule..don't talk about it..

Good footage..I would wonder if a rolling/slow start would help better than coming to a full stop. Harder to do but would help with the start. Can't believe these are the fastest times..I was getting low 12s in VIR and I don't have the money Doc has to put into this thing.

Firefly
08-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I would have taken off the bags though, extra weight. My guess is he lost just base on the hp to weight ratio.

Dunno - more weight might help with off the line traction - and those Corbins don't just pop off...

SethO
08-12-2009, 01:57 PM
For those that don't know, the one with the bags is DOC and his all silver spyder.
DOC..REALLY..I THOUGHT I TRAINED YOU BETTER THAN THAT. OK Seth0, guess we can let you in the spyder rider race team club...but you know the rules..first rule..don't talk about it..

Good footage..I would wonder if a rolling/slow start would help better than coming to a full stop. Harder to do but would help with the start. Can't believe these are the fastest times..I was getting low 12s in VIR and I don't have the money Doc has to put into this thing.

YOU DID LOW 12's on a 1/4(not 1000ft) with a tree?? that is awsome, any video or slip readout!!

To answer other questions I won all but one, the first one the tree screwed up so we didn't count that, 13.32 at 101.76.

Doc left his bags on to get more weight over the rear tire, its a crapshoot on the spyder becaus its so new and no a bike or car so what to do about tire slip, suspension setup and weight is all in the testing phase, WHY IS BRP NOT GIVING ME A REAR RACE SLICK!! I am going to bonniville in september so I have the new penske shocks coming in, anyone on here live around there? could you a handicrapp place to crash, would much rather pay someone the same amount of money that I would pay a hotel than give it to someone who does not ride.

the other post has run times on it, best r/t and best time,
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13197

if ANYONE else has run time slips that are better post a pic of them, I want to compare times and where besides my 60'' times.

the next one is on august 19th at 5 pm, standing bet if you can beat me best 2 of 3 I will pay your entry, red lights are a of course. got a place you can crash if ya want.Anything to get the spyder faster.

BMF_RACING
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I know this is a older thread, but has anyone run their RT to see what the 300 or so lbs heavier Spyder runs in the 1/4?

docdoru
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
I know this is a older thread, but has anyone run their RT to see what the 300 or so lbs heavier Spyder runs in the 1/4?
As of today, Silver Dream's weight dry 1020 lbs. :popcorn:
SethO did a perfect race that day, and he is still the MN Drag race King :firstplace::bowdown:

WackyDan
04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
As of today, Silver Dream's weight dry 1020 lbs. :popcorn:
SethO did a perfect race that day, and he is still the MN Drag race King :firstplace::bowdown:

I think now...we all want to see what the turbo can do in the 1/4 Doc. :D

pitbull
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Very very cool doc and seth! You guys rock!

docdoru
04-12-2011, 05:44 AM
I think now...we all want to see what the turbo can do in the 1/4 Doc. :D
You'll be surprised ;)

Bob Denman
04-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Way cool video!!:2thumbs:
Now I'm wondering what an RT can do also... ;)
(I imagine that it'd be like :spyder2: vs. :f_spider: :shocked:)

BMF_RACING
04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Way cool video!!:2thumbs:
Now I'm wondering what an RT can do also... ;)
(I imagine that it'd be like :spyder2: vs. :f_spider: :shocked:)

So has anyone ran there RT in the 1/4? I would think low 14's all stock, maybe a high 13.:dontknow:

I would have ran mine the other day at the local track, but being that is only had 170 miles on it I decided that was not a good idea.:thumbup:

Lamonster
04-12-2011, 08:31 AM
So has anyone ran there RT in the 1/4? I would think low 14's all stock, maybe a high 13.:dontknow:

I would have ran mine the other day at the local track, but being that is only had 170 miles on it I decided that was not a good idea.:thumbup:
It would be the slowest one in your sig for sure. :opps:

BMF_RACING
04-12-2011, 08:41 AM
You'll be surprised ;)

Any idea if the SM5's are any faster than the SE5's? (or vise versa)

Also when might the turbo setup be ran at the track?

BMF_RACING
04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
It would be the slowest one in your sig for sure. :opps:

Very true ... and those are/were my street cars. lol. :D The Cutlass was my only driver from 1996 to 2003, when it didn't matter too much that I only got 6 to 8 mpg (gas was cheap then). Not to bad for having a touch over 800hp on tap. :yikes:

My whole family Drag races, I keep telling myself, "The Spyder is for a relaxed cruise" ... The little race devil on my sholder keeps telling me to order a aerocharger kit and turn the boost up. :roflblack:

docdoru
04-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Any idea if the SM5's are any faster than the SE5's? (or vise versa)
Also when might the turbo setup be ran at the track?
You'll see in Cuba, MO SpyderFest :D:popcorn:

arntufun
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Lamonts driveway looks like a quarter mile strip. You guys should set something up at his barbeque. From what he posted earlier Lamonts Mrs. wont be there this year to keep the Hooligans under control. Now, videos of that show would be sweet !!! :firstplace: Then we can prove to you guys and gals that indeed, YELLOW is the fastest !!! Do you think Lamont would mind if people tore up his driveway ??? Darn :spyder2:Hooligans !!!:doorag:

Bob Denman
04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I thought that your Wife was the one leaning on your Frunk in your avatar...:D

dltang
04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Lamonts driveway looks like a quarter mile strip. You guys should set something up at his barbeque. From what he posted earlier Lamonts Mrs. wont be there this year to keep the Hooligans under control. Now, videos of that show would be sweet !!! :firstplace: Then we can prove to you guys and gals that indeed, YELLOW is the fastest !!! Do you think Lamont would mind if people tore up his driveway ??? Darn :spyder2:Hooligans !!!:doorag:

Ahh YES!! Those long driveways are very expensive to repair. I truly think he would mind. I can't speak for Lamont and I have been accused of Huliganism myself but I will not be a party to this one.

arntufun
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Ahh YES!! Those long driveways are very expensive to repair. I truly think he would mind. I can't speak for Lamont and I have been accused of Huliganism myself but I will not be a party to this one.

With faith all things are possible !!!:pray::pray::pray: