PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Boone NC on August 15

spyrog
08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I will be leaving the McDonald's at 9:00am Exit 82 on I-77 for a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Boone. Will have lunch at the Applebee's on Rt 321 between Blowing Rock and Boone at 12:00.

Have another rider from Hickory tentatively meeting me there. Anyone who would like to join me for the ride down or for lunch is sure welcome.

patches
08-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Wish I could..dang it. Always something going on. That is a bit of a haul for me but I have a engagment party to be at by 3. Maybe next time.

spyderwoman
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I will be leaving the McDonald's at 9:00am Exit 82 on I-77 for a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Boone. Will have lunch at the Applebee's on Rt 321 between Blowing Rock and Boone at 12:00.

Have another rider from Hickory tentatively meeting me there. Anyone who would like to join me for the ride down or for lunch is sure welcome.

are you still planning on riding to boone tomorrow? my hubby and i may meet you up there. we will come up from morganton and meet you guys there....if my spyder is running. had the update and it runs like poo....

spyrog
08-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Spyderwoman,

Yes, I am still going. I hope that Blue and some others might join us. Hope you and your hubby can make it. What update?

spyderwoman
08-14-2009, 07:33 PM
i had the brp recall done on the dps. in that recall they did a ecm remap supposedly and those of us with aftermarket pipes are having problems with our bikes. mine ran great for 13500 miles with no issues until they did the software update and now it runs terrible. i am hoping it doesn't act up tomorrow. we uplugged the battery overnight some says that resets the computer and makes it run better. i'll find out tomorrow! we will meet you at applebees by noon. i'll pm my cell phone number just in case something happens and you all run later or we run late.

spyderwoman
08-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Spyderwoman,

Yes, I am still going. I hope that Blue and some others might join us. Hope you and your hubby can make it. What update?

did nexus get in touch with you? i think he and his wife plan to ride the parkway with you guys.