PDA

View Full Version : I had a great time at Sturgis. But can tell you BRP needs to get the info out on

nater1
08-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Back from the party out west on the plains. It was a great time as aways. Even with a little rain here, and there it was easy to overlook with the ass, and **** out in the breeze.

I have to say BRP needs to get the information out better on the spyder to help sales. At ever stop I had the spyder with in some with me riding it or one of my bros ladies were dragging their husbands over to look at the bike, and ask question because they want their own ride.

Biggest misinformation is the price. Most people had no idea that these cost only $15,000 + or -. Then it was all the performance, and spec questions.

BRP hide themselves at the end of lazelle street past the main action in a old chevy dealerships parking lot. You had to know where to look to find them because you could not see their banners from the interstate nor the frontage road.

BRP would be smart if they sent out a packet to spyder riders to hand out the FAQ of the Spyder.

BumbleBee
08-11-2009, 10:48 AM
"BRP would be smart if they sent out a packet to spyder riders to hand out the FAQ of the Spyder"

:agree:

Check with your dealer. My dealer gave me packages and info to hand out, I have been handing them out.

Firefly
08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
"BRP would be smart if they sent out a packet to spyder riders to hand out the FAQ of the Spyder"

They did. They are called 'Ambassador kits' that contain cool business cards that fold out into brouchres and DVD's.

nater1
08-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Many ladies want the bike had bolt on, and porch work done but had no idea these bike were so nice that $$ daddy could shell $15,000 to make them happy for a while.

They did. They are called 'Ambassador kits' that contain cool business cards that fold out into brouchres and DVD's.

GaryTheBadger
08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I keep a stack of flyers in my Spyder trunk and hand them out freely.
Click below to enlarge. These print nicely as two per 8 1/2 x 11 page.

Firefly
08-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Many ladies want the bike had bolt on, and porch work done but had no idea these bike were so nice that $$ daddy could shell $15,000 to make them happy for a while.

I have no idea what in the world 'bolt on' or 'porch work' means.

Some Guy
08-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I have no idea what in the world 'bolt on' or 'porch work' means.

"bolt on" means implants. :roflblack: Not sure about "porch work" :dontknow:

pastorchuck
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Where do we obtain 'Ambassador kits' that contain cool business cards that fold out into brouchres and DVD's.

wukka
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
BRP would be smart if they sent out a packet to spyder riders to hand out the FAQ of the Spyder.

Talk to your dealer. I'm sure that they would be MORE than happy to print you up some cards if it meant bringing in more customers. Plus they would write it off as a cheap business expense.

bjt
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Where do we obtain 'Ambassador kits' that contain cool business cards that fold out into brouchres and DVD's.

BRP sent out those kits to a couple hundred people who they deemed to be real ambassadors of the Spyder. Someone had a criteria listed on how BRP chose who got the stuff. Something to do with activity on the forums, including BRP's forum, along with other things.

Tom in NM
08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Click below to enlarge.

. . . . after seeing yours Gary; "Yup, I can do that!"

Will save some time and help generate better questions than; "Do you ride that on the express-way?"

Good idea, very well done.

Tom

czdaryle
08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
I know it is expensive but they should slap a couple commercials during football this season. Get everyone talking about the spyder

Some Guy
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
BRP sent out those kits to a couple hundred people who they deemed to be real ambassadors of the Spyder. Someone had a criteria listed on how BRP chose who got the stuff. Something to do with activity on the forums, including BRP's forum, along with other things.

I think they were looking at the wrong forums! :( Otherwise, many more of us genuine Spyder Lovers would have gotten the kits and helped to spread the word about our awesome machines!

Some Guy
08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Is it just me, or are others out there wondering just how low an S.A.T. score has to be to get into BRP's marketing department?! :shocked:

nater1
08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Brp needs to take a page from Polaris's play book which is to have their motorcycle free of charge parked at various places on main street with a Rep handing out flyers. Letting people sit on them. Never seen another spyder besides mine on main street the whole time. Just down from me the Polaris Rep keep showing everyone interested how the Victory tour, and Street will not tip over. But rest on these hidden side brackets.

GA-SPYDER
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry,but, I have the hardest time understanding your posts. I don't think that I am alone on this.:dontknow:

nater1
08-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Well BRP Marketing people are not Bikers for what I can tell. Look at the advertisement. Do you see any nice looking ladies? Or a Lady riding on her bike beside her male friend on a two wheeler.

1# thing to remember in retailing any product from pizza to beer to cars to ect. Sex sells everything. If you think I am wrong turn the tv on, and watch 20 minutes. It is know the men think of sex at least 1 every 7 minutes.

Is it just me, or are others out there wondering just how low an S.A.T. score has to be to get into BRP's marketing department?! :shocked:

nater1
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Bolt ons are implants, porch work is getting there butt tighten up, and along with the gut after mothering children. In the V-twin world guys spend alot of money on their motorcycles, and a few thousand on helping the wife look/feel great.
I spent $5200, along with $1500 for new clothes after my old ladies make over. She had a tuck, and bolt ons. We got her a tramp stamp last week at sturgis so she is happy now. The price we pay to keep our ladies happy.

I'm sorry,but, I have the hardest time understanding your posts. I don't think that I am alone on this.:dontknow:

bone crusher
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM

I don't think they got to the SAT or ACT exams...

bone crusher
08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Bolt ons are implants, porch work is getting there butt tighten up, and along with the gut after mothering children. In the V-twin world guys spend alot of money on their motorcycles, and a few thousand on helping the wife look/feel great.
I spent $5200, along with $1500 for new clothes after my old ladies make over. She had a tuck, and bolt ons. We got her a tramp stamp last week at sturgis so she is happy now. The price we pay to keep our ladies happy.

What are you into, biking ebonics?

nater1
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I was explaining to GA Spyder, and I did not make the labels it is main stream talk. Do you know who speaks ebonics? I would suggest you find out so you are correct. It is like dropping the N word.

What are you into, biking ebonics?

D&J's#2
08-11-2009, 09:45 PM
1-7 min.? I thought it was every 30 sec. Oh well, anyway, our dealer has an incentive---for every sale they make that you have genertated, you receive a 25$ gift cert. :clap:You had to have talked to the person and directed them to their bus. and can tell the salesperson your name and/or give them one of their bus. cards with your name, etc.... on it. We are waiting on our next gift cert., in the works.:ohyea:

ElkSpyder
08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Click below to enlarge.
:agree: Made up one like this for myself, then duplicated it so when I printed it I cut the paper and had 2, printer 50, and have given away about 35 of them already. Cheap, quick and most people love getting it.

Dudley
08-11-2009, 11:28 PM

I personally don't think that your comments about sex and such have any business on this forum. And what you spent on your "old ladies make over" along with her "tramp stamp" would be better said elsewhere. I personally feel insulted by your comments.

Firefly
08-12-2009, 12:08 AM

I agree - not sure if it's 'texting slang' or what. Maybe I'm just too old to be 'hip' anymore.

Firefly
08-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Well BRP Marketing people are not Bikers for what I can tell. Look at the advertisement. Do you see any nice looking ladies? Or a Lady riding on her bike beside her male friend on a two wheeler.

1# thing to remember in retailing any product from pizza to beer to cars to ect. Sex sells everything. If you think I am wrong turn the tv on, and watch 20 minutes. It is know the men think of sex at least 1 every 7 minutes.

The rollout of the Spyder and doing the advertising on the sly with limited demo rides, etc. was pure genius. It built great interest in the product and kept it very 'special'. BOMBarding(hehe) the public with ads for this product would have turned into a nightmare.

As far as them not using hot babes, I guess you haven't been to or seen any of the pics of their various demo rides - plenty of BRP hotties to go around. Someone used to have a link to a bunch of Spyder babes.

BRP couldn't keep up with the demand during the first year - and since then they have sold more than they expected.

Sure they could sell more now - but do ya really want one on every street corner?

nater1
08-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I want one on every street in every drive way. Why not? That would increase club size, and also gain the attention of many aftermarket retailers.

The rollout of the Spyder and doing the advertising on the sly with limited demo rides, etc. was pure genius. It built great interest in the product and kept it very 'special'. BOMBarding(hehe) the public with ads for this product would have turned into a nightmare.

As far as them not using hot babes, I guess you haven't been to or seen any of the pics of their various demo rides - plenty of BRP hotties to go around. Someone used to have a link to a bunch of Spyder babes.

BRP couldn't keep up with the demand during the first year - and since then they have sold more than they expected.

Sure they could sell more now - but do ya really want one on every street corner?

dave01
08-12-2009, 04:03 PM
BRP, aka Can Am is doing a great job promoting thier rides. Just look at all of the ads and shows sponsored by them. Too bad they are all for quads and not Spyders. Fishers atv world, Dirttracks and others have CanAm for thier major sponsors. Maybe if the quad sales drop some, they will put more time into the Spyders.

Smylinacha
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I keep a stack of our dealer's business cards and hand those out.

NewRider
08-12-2009, 07:50 PM
My local Can-Am dealer, Action Motorsports in Lafayette, IN, had two boxes of the Z-brochures. I took a handful...in fact, a double handful. Turns out I was handing them out left and right. I ran out in ten days!

Unfortunately, our BRP rep won't be here until September...dang it!:dontknow:

NewRider
Indiana