PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS and Microsoft Streets & Trips

jrl.spyder
08-11-2009, 08:59 AM
I have used Microsoft Streets and Trips as my ride planning tool for years, and am about to get my GPS (I'm a late adopter). Does anyone know how/if a trip plan from S&T can be uploaded to the Garmin??

bjt
08-11-2009, 09:16 AM
After doing a Google search, it looks like the Microsoft software is not compatible with Garmin devices. The suggestions I read were to try and find some software to convert the Street and Trips data to something the Garmin can recognize (none specifically recommended) or to use Garmin's own route planning software.

SpyderGirl
08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I wanted to do this too, but to no avail! I had to program it all into the Garmin manually.

3wheeldemon
08-11-2009, 09:53 AM
but I suspect Microsoft is involved in the Steering Recall program update.....:wrong:

BillGargan
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Garmin users can use a software tool on their PC to manage favorites, routes, route planning, and the like. You can download and upload from/to nearly any Garmin device.

Download at http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

For example I downloaded all my favorites from my Nuvi 765T and then uploaded them into my Zumo 660. Took all of a few minutes . . .