PDA

View Full Version : The Gust of Wind Effect.

WaltH
08-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I am generally very pleased with the updates done in connection with the recall. However since the fuel remapping, I have what I call the "gust of wind" effect. It feels like a gust of wind hit the front of the Spyder (head wind). The first time it happened I really thought it was the wind. I said to myself the wind must be coming up, but then I noticed the leaves on the trees were not moving. It gives a very, very slight hesitation. It is not discernible on the speedometer, or the tachometer, and it is of short duration. It only occurs when the throttle position is absolutely constant. I am sure it is in the fuel delivery. I haven't been able to pin down the exact conditions under which it occurs. It may occur a couple of times, and then it may not come again for maybe an hour or two. It is a mystery.

bone crusher
08-10-2009, 12:55 AM
I am generally very pleased with the updates done in connection with the recall. However since the fuel remapping, I have what I call the "gust of wind" effect. It feels like a gust of wind hit the front of the Spyder (head wind). The first time it happened I really thought it was the wind. I said to myself the wind must be coming up, but then I noticed the leaves on the trees were not moving. It gives a very, very slight hesitation. It is not discernible on the speedometer, or the tachometer, and it is of short duration. It only occurs when the throttle position is absolutely constant. I am sure it is in the fuel delivery. I haven't been able to pin down the exact conditions under which it occurs. It may occur a couple of times, and then it may not come again for maybe an hour or two. It is a mystery.

The JB has a setting for 'cruising'...the bike might be a little lean after the update...you might be able to adjust this out....if you so wish....

NancysToy
08-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Sounds like "throttle surge". Sign of a marginally lean condition. Common malady on "smog" motors. PITA

BLACK WIDOW
08-10-2009, 08:50 AM

I had a little of what you described after the software update; but was able to tweak it out with the JB. Runs fine now.:f_spider:

Michael:doorag:

bone crusher
08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I had a little of what you described after the software update; but was able to tweak it out with the JB. Runs fine now.:f_spider:

Perfect....that's what I thought would take care of it...I'll have to see after I get the update done in a couple of weeks...will tweak the JB from there...

GaryTheBadger
08-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Read through this thread...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13192
...I think its the same symptoms. Hestiation, sputtering, gust of wind, etc.

BLACK WIDOW
08-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Perfect....that's what I thought would take care of it...I'll have to see after I get the update done in a couple of weeks...will tweak the JB from there...

:agree: