PDA

View Full Version : ISCI Feedback

ptoemmes
08-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Got the dual exhaust done - WOW.

Put the ESI 3" risers on (I had the 1" BRP) and all I can say is WOW WOW.

Now it's time for floorboards and passenger "footrest" relocation and hopefully WOW WOW WOW.

I know about the cost of the ISCI stuff but I also know about the quality so that's not part of this query.

In considering floorboards (custom made by the folks that did my exhaust) I have this admittedly weird hangup of wanting to keep the stock pegs in the stock location along with stock brake pedal location (use the heel) and stock shifter setup (add a Kliktronic). But I am wavering...and coutnign dollars too - cost/benefit and all that. Kliktronic is not cheap nor are custom on-offs: exhaust, floorboards, etc

So, how is it working out - those of you with an SM5 with the brake pedal relocation and shifter "extension"? Easy to brake, easy to shift including getting in-out of reverse and in-out of neutral?

Anything else...

Pete

PS
A response from ISCI too is just fine...

rnet
08-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Now it's time for floorboards and passenger "footrest" relocation and hopefully WOW WOW WOW.

I know about the cost of the ISCI stuff but I also know about the quality so that's not part of this query.

In considering floorboards (custom made by the folks that did my exhaust) I have this admittedly weird hangup of wanting to keep the stock pegs in the stock location along with stock brake pedal location (use the heel) and stock shifter setup (add a Kliktronic). But I am wavering...and coutnign dollars too - cost/benefit and all that. Kliktronic is not cheap nor are custom on-offs: exhaust, floorboards, etc

So, how is it working out - those of you with an SM5 with the brake pedal relocation and shifter "extension"? Easy to brake, easy to shift including getting in-out of reverse and in-out of neutral?

Anything else...

Pete

PS
A response from ISCI too is just fine... Quality, Quality, Quality. I have the driver floorboards, hyway pegs, ebrake pedel, and hand brake. I got the hyway pegs because I thought I would still get leg cramps but the floorboards resolved this. If you needed to save some money you could wait on these. The brake extention makes braking even easier, cause of added leverage and with the hand brake you can pull nearly as many PSI's as proven at my dealers using the buds program. (not sure if a girl or someone with small hands could pull the same PSI's though, but close) The only thing you need to watch when using the hand brake is not to have your foot under the foot brake. Ouch! Safety first & Comfort second and always considering looks, then performance.

SpyderDeb
08-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Quality, Quality, Quality. I have the driver floorboards, hyway pegs, ebrake pedel, and hand brake. I got the hyway pegs because I thought I would still get leg cramps but the floorboards resolved this. If you needed to save some money you could wait on these. The brake extention makes braking even easier, cause of added leverage and with the hand brake you can pull nearly as many PSI's as proven at my dealers using the buds program. (not sure if a girl or someone with small hands could pull the same PSI's though, but close) The only thing you need to watch when using the hand brake is not to have your foot under the foot brake. Ouch! Safety first & Comfort second and always considering looks, then performance.

Which driver floorboards did you get - website would be greatly appreciated - Thanks! Debbie

wyliec
08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Which driver floorboards did you get - website would be greatly appreciated - Thanks! Debbie

Go to home page here and scroll down.

rnet
08-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Which driver floorboards did you get - website would be greatly appreciated - Thanks! DebbieISCI

ptoemmes
08-10-2009, 08:09 AM
ISCI

Thanks - since you did not comment on the shifter I assume you have an SE5?

Pete

sabunim5
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Anything else...

Pete

PS
A response from ISCI too is just fine...

I have custom floorboards for the same reason, I did not want to give up my stock footpegs in order to get floorboards. It is possible and gives you one more place to move your feet/legs to on those long trips. Didn't have to change to shifter or the brake.
http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7688&hl=floorboards

Venom21
08-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Knowing that this could occur, ISCI has provided a solution. Go the website and view the hinged brake lever option. A fixed brake lever used to come with the floorboard kit, but we have since backed that out of the price dropping the floorboard kit price to $820.00. At that point you choose which brake lever you need depending on whether you have the floorboard/brake combination or not. If you have the hand brake and no floorboards, or the floorboards and no hand brake, the fixed lever is fine. Otherwise, you need the hinged brake lever in order to avoid entrapment possibilities.

rnet
08-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Knowing that this could occur, ISCI has provided a solution. Go the website and view the hinged brake lever option. A fixed brake lever used to come with the floorboard kit, but we have since backed that out of the price dropping the floorboard kit price to $820.00. At that point you choose which brake lever you need depending on whether you have the floorboard/brake combination or not. If you have the hand brake and no floorboards, or the floorboards and no hand brake, the fixed lever is fine. Otherwise, you need the hinged brake lever in order to avoid entrapment possibilities. Venom, got your PM and I also got a ring from Darrel to tell me about the hinged brake level. You guys are the greatest. Darrel's sending me one tomorrow at no cost. I kinda fell though the crack since I ordered the floorboards directly and the hand brake through my spyder dealer so I could help bring him up to speed with good aftermarket stuff. I posted this here to let everyone know there's a solution for the Ouch as I posted above. Thanks again

rnet
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks - since you did not comment on the shifter I assume you have an SE5?

Peteyes, an 2009 SE5

ptoemmes
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Darrell,

The brake pedal pics look the same to me, but I believe ya :D

Can the shifter extension can be adjusted to eliminate any need to lift the entire left foot off the board to engage the shift peg downward while still being able to slip the foot under the peg? I know - depends on boot size- how about size 11 sneakers?

I won't be able to move my my dual exhaust (one can per side - not TwoBros style) down at all - and in fact were I to use the BRP passenger peg extension would not need to so I assume the same with ISCI passenger floorboards.

The hanger is centered over the can and not offset like the BRP stock or Hindle - I guess. Thus the attach points to the stock BRP "brackets" will have to - I assume - stay as is.

On the right side the attachment is right on the outside edge of the existing bracket where the hole is in the bracket. On the left side there is about a 1" or so offset outside of the bracket on that side. It turns out - on my Spyder at least - the mounting "bracket" is offest on one side versus the other.

I have attached an annotated pic. There may be a better way to do this - I haven't been able to noodle that through though.

Pete ptoemmes at bellsouth dot net

Rando
08-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I finished installing the floorboards, shifter and brake extension today. The test ryde was awesome! The only problem I had is a Spyder problem, HEAT on the right side. It's gotta be a blown exhaust gasket. It felt like a blow torch!

ISCI = quality, QUality, QUALITY, QUALITY! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

BLACK WIDOW
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Quality, Quality, Quality. I have the driver floorboards, hyway pegs, ebrake pedel, and hand brake. I got the hyway pegs because I thought I would still get leg cramps but the floorboards resolved this. If you needed to save some money you could wait on these. The brake extention makes braking even easier, cause of added leverage and with the hand brake you can pull nearly as many PSI's as proven at my dealers using the buds program. (not sure if a girl or someone with small hands could pull the same PSI's though, but close) The only thing you need to watch when using the hand brake is not to have your foot under the foot brake. Ouch! Safety first & Comfort second and always considering looks, then performance.

I really like the Quality, Quality, Quality i'm just not sure I would like the $, $, $.:joke:

Michael:doorag: