PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Ready

gkamer
06-05-2020, 01:34 PM
What does it mean when a helmet is described as Bluetooth ready?

lstayner
06-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Usually it means that the helmet is pre wired for a specific bluetooth unit. I wear a Schberth C4 and it has a plug and play bluetooth system available. Speakers are already install so you don't have to tear the helmet apart.

gkamer
06-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Usually it means that the helmet is pre wired for a specific bluetooth unit. I wear a Schberth C4 and it has a plug and play bluetooth system available. Speakers are already install so you don't have to tear the helmet apart.

Mot informative, thank you. Now I have to track down what device the helmet I'm looking at supports. Appreciate it.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-05-2020, 05:29 PM
What does it mean when a helmet is described as Bluetooth ready?
If it's like the Shoei Neotec II I recently bought it means it's designed and built to accommodate a specific BT headset. In this case that is the Sena SRL, a special version of the Sena 20S. I had to do some rube Goldberg fitting to get my wired headset to work in it without destroying some of the helmet material.

frj322
06-05-2020, 06:56 PM
I agree, means the helmet is set up for Bluetooth system. Most likely manufacturer specific. Just gave up on my Schuberth C4 because of the comm system in it. Went to a Shoei Neotec 2. Love the helmet and just got done fitting a Cardo Packtalk bold. Not the comm system it’s designed for but went in without too much trouble.

gkamer
06-05-2020, 08:29 PM
If it's like the Shoei Neotec II I recently bought it means it's designed and built to accommodate a specific BT headset. In this case that is the Sena SRL, a special version of the Sena 20S. I had to do some rube Goldberg fitting to get my wired headset to work in it without destroying some of the helmet material.

I hear ya. I was watching a video of some guy putting a BT into a helmet. The first step was in removing the padding/lining. I watched for what seem like forever before I left and watched a Rick and Morty video.....

JayBros
06-05-2020, 09:29 PM
A few years ago I had my wife at the local Cycle Gear where she found a Bilt helmet with a Bluetooth set in it that fit her very comfortably. The problem was I had a Sena SMH10 and an SM10 on the Spyder and the Bilt Bluetooth system wouldn't communicate with anything but another Bilt unit. Fortunately for the wallet, the wife rides very infrequently and for short distances so she doesn't need a headset.

Flamewinger
06-05-2020, 10:28 PM
Basically it means you can add a bluetooth headset as there are pockets in the helmet for speakers and either you can use a specific headset or any headset you like.

gkamer
06-06-2020, 09:00 AM
The problem was I had a Sena SMH10 and an SM10 on the Spyder and the Bilt Bluetooth system wouldn't communicate with anything but another Bilt unit. Fortunately for the wallet, the wife rides very infrequently and for short distances so she doesn't need a headset.

I hate when companies do that.