PDA

View Full Version : Here's my warranty dilemma

gkamer
06-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Here's my warranty dilemma. I made an earlier post on this but I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle. I have until around the 1st of July to make as decision.....

When I picked up my new to me Ryker today, I told the finance guy that the $1,221, thirty six month BRP Best extended warranty he was giving was being offered by iMotorsports for $621.00 with a $100.00 deductible, and if he could match that I would include it in the price.

He told me he couldn't do that without taking a hit but made a counter offer. He told me he could give me the Zurich extended warranty I mentioned in my earlier post, sixty months, no deductible for $899.00.

I have heard a rumor, and you known how dependable those are, that Zurich was getting out of the warranty business.

So I thought I would throw this out there and see what the more experienced members of the forum feel about it.

troop
06-04-2020, 02:32 PM
They won't lose money. No one will sell a stand alone warranty for a loss. If need be, go elsewhere for the BRP warranty. My .02

jwulf74
06-04-2020, 02:46 PM
Yeah... who knows if the rumor is true or not, but better safe than sorry... BEST from iMotorsports would probably be the safest and cheapest route.

canamjhb
06-04-2020, 03:20 PM
Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ sells the BEST warranty for the lowest price I have seen. I would check them out along with iMotorsports. I would definitely stay with BRP offerings rather than take a chance with an unknown..... Jim

frj322
06-04-2020, 03:30 PM
Go for the BRP BEST warranty for sure! It will be accepted at any BRP dealership. Not so with an aftermarket plan. Also keep in mind, the 60 months on your aftermarket plan starts on DAY 1, so it’s really only 3 years of extra coverage (provided Rykers come with a 2 year warranty like Spyders do)

gkamer
06-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ sells the BEST warranty for the lowest price I have seen. I would check them out along with iMotorsports. I would definitely stay with BRP offerings rather than take a chance with an unknown..... Jim

Just got off the phone with them. They are priced the same as iMotorsports. Thanks.

gkamer
06-04-2020, 05:19 PM
OK, well it seems the majority consensus is BRP is the way to go. So that's the advise I'll go with. Thanks all.....

ARtraveler
06-04-2020, 06:32 PM
BRP's BEST warranty is the BEST warranty for the price. Shopping around has given you a lowball price, it is accepted by all BRP Spyder dealers.

I would say like the others above...GO FOR IT. :yes:

If you are hearing a rumor about Zurich, there MAY be some truth to it. To pay that kind of money and getting told they are out of business at a later date, you won't get your money back, and lawsuits mostly will not be good either.

gkamer
06-04-2020, 08:51 PM
If you are hearing a rumor about Zurich, there MAY be some truth to it. To pay that kind of money and getting told they are out of business at a later date, you won't get your money back, and lawsuits mostly will not be good either.

I have to agree with you on that. In fact that was my thought when he made the offer. Especially when he kept empathizing the Zurich warranty was their most popular. I have Alexa set to remind me later this month to call iMotorsports. :)

Speaking of Law suits. It seems a while back, so far I don't even remember it, I was a member of a class action lawsuit involving Permera Blue Cross. I got me settlement check in the mail today. $12.91.:ohyea: I was surprised they paid the whole thing at once. I was really expecting some kind of annuity:roflblack:

Trbayth
06-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Speaking of Law suits. It seems a while back, so far I don't even remember it, I was a member of a class action lawsuit involving Permera Blue Cross. I got me settlement check in the mail today. $12.91.:ohyea: I was surprised they paid the whole thing at once. I was really expecting some kind of annuity:roflblack:

Pretty safe bet the lawyers got a lot more than $12.91 :D

ned64
06-05-2020, 09:54 AM
gkamer. Got my big settlement check too. Its enough to buy a tank of gas for the next ride on the Spyder. Maybe if the lawyers didnt get so much of the settlement I might of got enough of the settlement to buy 2 tanks of gas for my Spyder.

ARtraveler
06-05-2020, 10:03 AM
I have to agree with you on that. In fact that was my thought when he made the offer. Especially when he kept empathizing the Zurich warranty was their most popular. I have Alexa set to remind me later this month to call iMotorsports. :)

Yup...class action lawsuits. Remember the Kodak version of the Polaroid camera? I got a check for about $2.00 on that one. :yikes:

The fact that the dealer kept pushing the Zurich indicates to me that was a profit center for the dealership. It's all about the money, not necessarily the best warranty. :yes: