PDA

View Full Version : Need some warranty advice (again)

gkamer
06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
I was at my local Can Am dealer this discussing the possible purchase of a Ryker. I asked what kind of warrant the bike came with. He told me their most popular warranty was a Zurich warranty. I have never heard of a Zurich warranty. I asked if they offered the Can Am BEST warranty and he told me they did.

Here's the facts. The Can Am warranty would be good until July, 2023 with a price of $1,221. ( 3 years)

The Zurich warrant would be good until July, 2025 with a price of $1,464. (5 years)

For $243.00, I would be getting an additional 2 years of warrant service, but I'm not sure what the Zurich warranty is... Would it be accepted by Can Am dealers nation wide or only locally. I put that question to the dealer and he told me it was national, but I thought maybe a follow up with the experts here might be in order.

ARtraveler
06-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Two places have extended three year BEST warranties for around $700. iMotorsports, and Berts Mega Mall. You don't have to buy it from the selling dealer...but I would give them a chance at meeting or beating the competition.

I am guessing the dealer makes more profit on the Zurich. Aftermarket or additional warranties are great profit add ons for dealers.

gkamer
06-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Two places have extended three year BEST warranties for around $700. iMotorsports, and Berts Mega Mall. You don't have to buy it from the selling dealer...but I would give them a chance at meeting or beating the competition.

I am guessing the dealer makes more profit on the Zurich. Aftermarket or additional warranties are great profit add ons for dealers.

See, that's what I love about this place. It's crammed to the rafters with experts. I just got off the phone with Thomas from iMotorsports in ChiTown. He told me they offer the 3 year BRP 3 year BEST warrant for $621.00. I just knocked $600.00 of my purchase price. Thank you for your most excellent advice.

SportsterDoc
06-03-2020, 03:56 PM
Does BEST warranty include roadside assistance?

gkamer
06-03-2020, 04:10 PM

I'm not sure. I have AAA Premier which gives me 200 mile free towing among other services, so I probably wouldn't need the road side assistance portion of the warranty.

Snowbelt Spyder
06-03-2020, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure. I have AAA Premier which gives me 200 mile free towing among other services, so I probably wouldn't need the road side assistance portion of the warranty.

Yeah. But make sure you have the add on RV coverage. Otherwise, you don’t get motorcycle coverage.

Revrent
06-04-2020, 08:24 AM
I was just about to reply to your original post and recommend Thomas at I Motorsports. Bought a BEST for my wifes bike last year and then I bought an aftermarket for my Indian though them also from EFG (they even threw in a million mile powertrain warranty that all I have to do is the oil changes to keep it current and I can do them myself as long as I keep the receipts). My local dealer says EFG is awesome to work with on warranty claims. I have no experience with Zurich but have never heard anything bad about them.

John

Revrent
06-04-2020, 08:28 AM
As was mentioned you will need the RV portion for AAA to cover motorcycles ( it was cheap when we lived in Tacoma, plus if I remember correctly they even covered my trailer under the RV portion and would send out a second tow truck if necessary for that). Also if you ever have to use it, when you call AAA mention you want a flat bed trailer. I know it only seams logical...but once they sent out a non flat bed and then wanted to charge me for sending out a flat bed and I was told that I needed to say that upfront.

John

jcthorne
06-04-2020, 11:37 AM

Yes, up to $200 per incident.

JayBros
06-04-2020, 03:11 PM
The B.E.S.T. extended warranty was a gamble; I lost. The factory warranty covered a faulty parking brake motor replacement one year after purchase and nothing else. Extended warranty expired last September. Would I do it again on a new Spyder? Yes, definitely.