PDA

View Full Version : DZUS are installed

Zerocool
08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Installed my DZUS clips today and I'm diggin' 'em.
Used the roto-tool for filing the plastic down, and crimped the DZUS to fit on some of the clips. Overall, very easy... time to complete, 30 minutes.

No more rituals in removing the front and mid-panels.
No more loctite mess to fiddle with.
easy-on, easy-off :yes:

Need to order a few more so I can replace the bolts on the splash guard.

Some Guy
08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice.
I've seen Firefly's Spyder and the fasteners are great. I'm going to do it some time soon (OK...I'm a procrastinator!). I REALLY will do this soon!...promise! :D

WaltH
08-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Used the roto-tool for filing the plastic down, and crimped the DZUS to fit on some of the clips. Overall, very easy... time to complete, 30 minutes.

I recommend the button head Dzus for the splash guard. They work well and look good. I have the D-rings everywhere else - ten panels in all.

Neez
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I recommend the button head Dzus for the splash guard. They work well and look good. I have the D-rings everywhere else - ten panels in all.
If you are not concerned about how the D rings look on the side panels, why would you care about in the wheelwell? And why would you want to use a tool under there? No offence intended, just asking. Everybody mods to suit himself. Here's a photo of how the D rlngs look, and they haven't given me any trouble.

Firefly
08-08-2009, 11:59 PM

I did them on the panels and attempted to use them on the splash guard - but had all kinds of problems getting them lined up-- so I gave up on the idea for now.

Loctite???? There is no need to use loctite on the stock panel screws---- it can actually melt plastic--- so I wouldn't do it.

Zerocool
08-23-2009, 07:23 PM
DZUS pick, also note the BRP anti-vibes on the handlebar :clap:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=5595

mooneych
11-23-2011, 08:20 AM
I installed the 14mm fasteners all the way around this past Summer, and its one of the most useful mods I've done.

I used a Dremmel tool with a cutting wheel to cut both plastic and metal. Perhaps 2 hours total time.

I also purchased the side trim panels (the ones that your knees rests on), and had to order 4 20mm fasteners for those. Please note that the 20mm's don't come in black.

I also have a source that will help me attach some 1" thick rubber pads on the trim panels. I think it will help me get a better purchase on the bike during cornering. I hate it when my knees slide on the tupperware!