PDA

View Full Version : Painting over your chrome....

Revalden
06-02-2020, 12:02 AM
You guys that like the Black-out look and are painting over your Chrome parts, please STOP and send them to me and I'll send my parts back to you and I'll pay for the cost of shipping the parts both ways. I like Chrome.

MONK
06-02-2020, 10:19 AM
Too bad you're so far away or we could work out a deal. My 2018 is chrome and I really don't like it. I'd much prefer the blacked out look but I got a good deal on this. Man, why couldn't you be in NC? :)

Steve W.
06-02-2020, 12:40 PM
You have black Tri-Axis bars?

We settled for chrome ones that were on the shelf, would rather have black.

Revalden
06-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Too bad you're so far away or we could work out a deal. My 2018 is chrome and I really don't like it. I'd much prefer the blacked out look but I got a good deal on this. Man, why couldn't you be in NC? :)

Show me what you've got. Have you ever heard of FedEx? I'll pay for overnight.

Revalden
06-02-2020, 01:44 PM
I don't have a Tri-Axis bar of any color, don't need it. But thanks. However, I do have the stock black bar.

Revalden
06-02-2020, 01:51 PM
I have a friend that bought the fender lights kit for her White RTL with Chrome all over it. I offered to install the kit for her but she's afraid that her chrome will be gone when I'm finished.

Steve W.
06-02-2020, 06:11 PM
I don't have a Tri-Axis bar of any color, don't need it. But thanks. However, I do have the stock black bar.
We have a stock black bar, too. Wife is short, so we were advised to get the Tri-Axis bars.

Gonna try to get them installed this weekend.

MONK
06-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Show me what you've got. Have you ever heard of FedEx? I'll pay for overnight.

I have a regular chrome 2018 RTL.

Wahrsuul
06-08-2020, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of chrome - almost got all of it off my truck. Fortunately my RTS didn't come with much. I got the luggage rack removed and was going to get it powdercoated, but I'm not sure at this point that I'd put it back on anyway. I am considering painting the "silver" parts.