PDA

View Full Version : Finally able to dine in.

safecracker
06-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Sue and i are on vacation this week. We had planned on doing the BRP over the next two weeks. Plans changed due to the pandemic. So it is in state traveling. Not all counties in Maine are open yet. We decided to travel to the counties that are open. We traveled to Ellsworth and dined in at Helens restaurant. This is the first dine in we have been to since the pandemic closed everything down. Had a great meal of Haddock chowder. Then it was off for Down East. Today was the first day that Acadia National Park opened up. We headed down to Schoodic Point. It was great, we were the only ones there. Left there and headed for our destination for the night. We arrived in Machias around 5:00 pm. Was able to check into a motel. We just finished supper at The Bluebird Restaurant. Dined in there also. Tomorrow we may head to the "The County". It was great to dine in and have a place to stay. Bruce

SportsterDoc
06-01-2020, 06:36 PM
:congrats::ohyea::yes:

The Corona panic had little affect on my family, other than not being able to dine out.
It is great to be able to again do so!

Looks like the North Rim will be open for our 49th anniversary, next week.

ARtraveler
06-01-2020, 07:24 PM
Thank you for the update. :yes:

Arion
06-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Sue and i are on vacation this week. We had planned on doing the BRP over the next two weeks. Plans changed due to the pandemic. So it is in state traveling. Not all counties in Maine are open yet. We decided to travel to the counties that are open. We traveled to Ellsworth and dined in at Helens restaurant. This is the first dine in we have been to since the pandemic closed everything down. Had a great meal of Haddock chowder. Then it was off for Down East. Today was the first day that Acadia National Park opened up. We headed down to Schoodic Point. It was great, we were the only ones there. Left there and headed for our destination for the night. We arrived in Machias around 5:00 pm. Was able to check into a motel. We just finished supper at The Bluebird Restaurant. Dined in there also. Tomorrow we may head to the "The County". It was great to dine in and have a place to stay. Bruce

I wonder how many people are going to ask what "The County" means? BTW, if you in The County and anywhere near the village of Patten, might want to check whether the Patten Lumberman's Museum is open. If you're interested in that sort of thing it's an fascinating place to visit.

Yabbadabbadoo
06-02-2020, 01:05 PM
lol this flatlander does most of my sled riding in The County

safecracker
06-02-2020, 07:51 PM
Have been to the museum. It has alot of historical artifacts. I too have put alot of miles on the trails in the "County", on atv's and snowmobiles. Its great place to get away. Bruce

Abbot Spyder
06-03-2020, 07:01 PM
I am going to Madawaska Friday with the Gold wing guys. Round trip one day, we meet in Howland at 6.00am Friday

safecracker
06-05-2020, 07:16 PM
Abbot Spyder, hope you had a great trip.

ARtraveler
06-06-2020, 10:43 AM
We are both in the "high risk" group.

We have dined out twice now since things have been opening up. I don't like crowds, so any places with lines of people waiting to get in...we avoid them.

We have been to a couple of our local favorite places though. We have stopped during "off" hours and have dined when mostly empty.

Watching the next couple weeks closely, since people have been congregating more than recommended. If there are more spikes, we are going to back off further. :bbq: :bbq: