PDA

View Full Version : Seat cover for 2020 RT w/Comfort seat

Pennyrick
05-31-2020, 01:53 PM
The comfort seat on my wife's 2020 RT Limited gets extremely hot on these warm Georgia days this time of year. (it is 90 plus degrees outside today). She had the same problem on her 2012 Limited but solved it by buying a saddle cover from an equestrian tack store made for western saddles that had elastic ties that she could velcro tie under the seat.

Unfortunately, the tack store no longer carries this item and the cover she had was sold with the 2012 machine. It was either made of fleece or imitation fleece and we haven't seen anything similar in our on-line searches that will stay secured in place and not blow around at speed.

Has anyone got any good ideas to share? Yes, she does have the heat control in the off position.

Pennyrick

JayBros
05-31-2020, 04:01 PM
When I was looking for a rain cover for my Comfort Seat and before BRP introduced one I got a Genuine Cool Ass cover,http://www.genuinecoolass.com/. It wasn't the best looking thing with its silver color. But on a hot NC summer day when I stopped for lunch on a ride I tried it and it kept the seat cool in direct noontime sunlight. You might check with them.

alycatmcclurg
05-31-2020, 04:13 PM
I love my sheepskin got it at Overland Sheep co- Really is cool in the summer and warmer when the weather turns- makes the seat more comfy too

https://www.overland.com/products/single-pelt-(2-x-35)-premium-australian-sheepskin-rug-80313

wilpir
05-31-2020, 04:24 PM
Here in AZ motorcycle seats get way too hot to sit on(110 today!) ..I bought a $6.95 chrome bubble wrap like window screen, cut it to fit top and sides of my seat with tabs to tuck under seat..I install this when I go into work takes 10 sec..I come out for lunch I have a waaayyy cooler seat....I like the gen cool ass models though..Im a cheap tinkerer..:D

Motorcycledave
06-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Hi Dave here, custom seat builder for over 45 years
this is what I have on mine the sections you sit on are fabric, in my case micro fiber
on the Spyder and Velour on the GoldWing.... NO MORE HOT BUTT AND IT LOOKS BETTER
THAN EVERY OTHER SEAT OUT THERE. you pick the color and design I will make the cover
for you and you can install it. it's easy
Call for details 209-887-3283
Dave

The comfort seat on my wife's 2020 RT Limited gets extremely hot on these warm Georgia days this time of year. (it is 90 plus degrees outside today). She had the same problem on her 2012 Limited but solved it by buying a saddle cover from an equestrian tack store made for western saddles that had elastic ties that she could velcro tie under the seat.

Unfortunately, the tack store no longer carries this item and the cover she had was sold with the 2012 machine. It was either made of fleece or imitation fleece and we haven't seen anything similar in our on-line searches that will stay secured in place and not blow around at speed.

Has anyone got any good ideas to share? Yes, she does have the heat control in the off position.

Pennyrick

Motorcycledave
06-02-2020, 05:18 PM
I make these often out of silver tarp material
Dave

When I was looking for a rain cover for my Comfort Seat and before BRP introduced one I got a Genuine Cool Ass cover,http://www.genuinecoolass.com/. It wasn't the best looking thing with its silver color. But on a hot NC summer day when I stopped for lunch on a ride I tried it and it kept the seat cool in direct noontime sunlight. You might check with them.