PDA

View Full Version : Elka vs Fox Can Am Shocks

Gcclubs
05-31-2020, 12:05 AM
will be picking up a Ryker Ace in the next week and having owned other spyders in the past will want to upgrade the shocks. I could go with the Can Am offered Fox or get a stage 3 Elka shocks and save about 25%. For those of you who have installed the Elka's have you been happy with the change from the stock shocks. Anyone happen to ride on both options?

PW2013STL
05-31-2020, 03:52 AM
Have you considered the M2 shocks? I don't have a Ryker, but have run Fox shocks on both an RT and a F3. Both have performed well and without the leaking issues that the Elka's have had. My dealer stopped carrying Elka due to that problem.

SportsterDoc
05-31-2020, 09:10 AM
For a 180 # rider, one-up, the softest setting on the rear is suitable.
The front is a bit harsh on rough roads...I would not want firmer.

Gcclubs
05-31-2020, 12:30 PM
Have you considered the M2 shocks? I don't have a Ryker, but have run Fox shocks on both an RT and a F3. Both have performed well and without the leaking issues that the Elka's have had. My dealer stopped carrying Elka due to that problem.thanks. I was leaning to the elka’s only because I am in Canada and more affordable than the m2’s. I will do some research on the leaking issue. I can buy the elka’s cheaper than the us $ price ignoring shipping on the m2’s so after factoring in the terrible exchange to us$ I am way ahead with the elks’s

canamjhb
05-31-2020, 12:47 PM
I had Elkas on my 2014 RTL. Both front shocks leaked with less than 10K miles. Had them rebuilt and no additional problems for the next 30K miles when I sold the bike. If I had to do it again, I would go with Fox or M2s. The additional initial investment may be your least expensive option..... Jim

Purple Guy
06-01-2020, 11:55 AM
I've had Elka Stage 2 shocks front & rear for 4 years / 40,000+ miles and have no problems with them.
Great improvement over the oem shocks!

KID Ryker
06-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Have you considered the M2 shocks? I don't have a Ryker, but have run Fox shocks on both an RT and a F3. Both have performed well and without the leaking issues that the Elka's have had. My dealer stopped carrying Elka due to that problem.I have the M2's on my Ryker and are GREAT

Tslepebull
08-17-2020, 03:23 PM
How much ground clearance do you have under the radiator with the M2's. I know when you came to visit on the way back from getting them installed you had more clearance than my Rally but what is the actual measurement with the M2's?