PDA

View Full Version : To all you 2020 RT and RT Limited owners.

Copperman
05-30-2020, 08:11 AM
BRP is now offering an extra 24 months of their BEST warranty with a purchase of a 2020 RT or RTL. Even though I bought mine well before this incentive was offered, I called BRP and asked them I could get it. They said my dealer had to request it. They also said it doesn't cost the dealer any money, it's all on BRP. I called my dealer, he requested it for me and I now have an extra 24 months of BEST warranty. Call your dealer and ask.

ARtraveler
05-30-2020, 10:52 AM
Thank you for posting about the extended warranty. If you bought a new 2020 RT, jump on that one.

cptjam
05-30-2020, 10:57 AM
We got it, too!

TIMMB
05-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Did you get any paper work showing the extended warranty? I called the dealer I bought mine from and they said they the would "take care of it" but I would not recieve any paper work on it. How do I know I really have it? Is there a way to confirm it with BRP?

Copperman
05-30-2020, 07:24 PM
My dealer sent me an email saying I got it. Then, a few days later, I received an email from BRP saying I have it.

obiwan57
06-01-2020, 07:32 AM
My dealer sent me an email saying I got it. Then, a few days later, I received an email from BRP saying I have it.

Same here, nice of BRP to cover my new Spyder for free!

blacklightning
06-01-2020, 08:41 AM
I just called my 2 buddies and they got their 4 years from the start (purchased theirs about 3 months ago). That is a good thing for them to offer up additional years or warranty like that. It seems that when manufacturers make a major change, they tend to add to the basic warranty to give the customer a better piece of mind. They did that for my 2014 RT, and even for my wife's 2009 nissan Maxima.

MRH
06-01-2020, 09:15 AM
A quick story for anybody with an extended warranty. I got four years of coverage when I bought my 2014, and was very sure to call several months ahead to look to purchase an extension. You can't generally buy an extended warranty for a Spyder that is out of the manufactures warranty, and what I discovered was that everything after the standard two(?) year warranty counts as extended.

So, if you want a longer warranty than what comes with it, you have to make those plans and make that purchase before the two year manufacturer's warranty expires, not before the end of this BEST extension.

Jetfixer
06-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Called BRP today and was told the same as others here. The dealer has to call and get the warranty applied. BRP ran my vin number and said I was eligible! Will be calling dealer first thing tomorrow. Thanks for this info. And for anyone else waiting for their trailer hitch, they said they would start shipping them on or about July 1.

ARtraveler
06-01-2020, 04:06 PM
Called BRP today and was told the same as others here. The dealer has to call and get the warranty applied. BRP ran my vin number and said I was eligible! Will be calling dealer first thing tomorrow. Thanks for this info. And for anyone else waiting for their trailer hitch, they said they would start shipping them on or about July 1.

And there should be no trouble from the dealer this go around. An earlier posting said the additional warranty was on BRP and no extra cost to the dealer. So your dealer has nothing to lose on this one. :yes:

bikerbillone
06-02-2020, 03:06 PM
Good comment Copperman, so I sent my dealer a cc of your post here's the reply, no cigar for me.

I have looked into your request. The additional 24 months of warranty is a promotion that's currently being offered for customers purchasing a new Spyder, much like a rebate. The promotion must be claimed at the time of sale, the same way a rebate is claimed. Unfortunately, your Spyder was registered in February, four months prior to the warranty promotion being available, so it cannot be added now.

CentralCoastCA
06-02-2020, 03:26 PM
I asked my dealer, I'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

MM20SPY
06-02-2020, 05:29 PM
I'll be seriously surprised if we get this in the uk!

ARtraveler
06-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Good comment Copperman, so I sent my dealer a cc of your post here's the reply, no cigar for me.

I have looked into your request. The additional 24 months of warranty is a promotion that's currently being offered for customers purchasing a new Spyder, much like a rebate. The promotion must be claimed at the time of sale, the same way a rebate is claimed. Unfortunately, your Spyder was registered in February, four months prior to the warranty promotion being available, so it cannot be added now.

I would recommend getting a case started with BRP on this. Earlier posts stated that the extended warranty for the new 2020's was on BRP $$. The dealer has nothing to lose by offering customer service. A person who was an early adopter should not be punished on this deal. It will be interesting to see what BRP's reply will be.

Try brp.care@brp.com

Copperman
06-02-2020, 06:33 PM

Call BRP customer service and have them "Open a Case" for you about this. They will contact your dealer and you'll get the extra warranty. Your Dealer is giving you the runaround. I bought mine in March and got it. A friend who bought one before me got his. You have to shake things up a little with your dealer.

samewok
06-02-2020, 06:38 PM
I got two years on mine and it was a demo.
I also got an email from BRP that showed the extended warranty

samewok
06-02-2020, 06:41 PM
That is wrong because I got my bike in March an the extended my warranty to 1/1/2024

Copperman
06-02-2020, 08:19 PM
I got thirty two years on mine and it was a demo.
I also got an email from BRP that showed the extended warranty

Thirty two years?

bikerbillone
06-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Cooperman and ArTraveler, thanks gents for your comments on this subject. I have pursued further with the dealer after they reported a negative reply from BRP. The following quote/unquote from the sales and finance manager, so I hope there will be a positive resolution. on this second inquiry.

"Bill,
I certainly want to make sure you get what you're entitled to as a customer. I will push the matter up to my BRP rep anyway and allow him and BRP to make the final call on this. I'll get back to you with what they say."

GeoffCee
06-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Try not to be so pessimistic brother, it (could) happen

bushjc
06-03-2020, 01:24 PM
I wonder if this would apply to a new 2019? I bought mine two weeks ago from a dealer. It had 96 miles on it. It was used on their training course. When I bought it, the dealer indicated it still had 14 months on the warranty.

Mikey
06-03-2020, 01:34 PM
May you never have to use it!!:cheers:

Copperman
06-03-2020, 01:39 PM
"Bill,
I certainly want to make sure you get what you're entitled to as a customer. I will push the matter up to my BRP rep anyway and allow him and BRP to make the final call on this. I'll get back to you with what they say."

You should get it now. All your dealer has to do is request it for you. There's no cost to the Dealer fir this extension. If he comes back and say the BRP rep says no can do, you need to call BRP customer service and "open a case". Now, this is assuming you didn't purchase an extended warranty at time of purchase. If you did, then I don't know.

baxter
06-03-2020, 06:15 PM
my sales person just told me that he talked to his “rep” and knows nothing about this ....

baxter
06-03-2020, 06:29 PM
sales person just texted back saying that they have made a request for me to BRP...

Jetfixer
06-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Got the email confirmation from my dealer today!

bikerbillone
06-04-2020, 06:03 AM
Copperman, whoops, the extended warranty may be the fly in the ointment. I did purchase the extended warranty with purchase of the 2020 of the RTL because of the sale price of the warranty that went with the price of the RTL. My dealer rep did not explain to me 'why' my request was denied, that would have been helpful. Thanks.

Tango
06-04-2020, 07:13 AM
My dealer rep didn't know about it. He does now. Let's see if I get it. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

KX5062
06-04-2020, 08:30 AM
Put me into the dealer knew nothing about it category. They're looking into it and said they'll get back to me.

bodymanpainter
06-04-2020, 08:33 AM
Put me into the dealer knew nothing about it category. They're looking into it and said they'll get back to me.

Same here, we will see if they come thru.
Toby

PW2013STL
06-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Just picked up my 2020 Red/Dark RTL, and the free 2 years of extended warranty promo is over. In place is a better $1000 rebate. So I was able to add 3 years and have money left over:ohyea:

KX5062
06-10-2020, 09:44 AM
My dealer got back to me yesterday afternoon and here's what I was told.

My dealer called the area rep, who knew nothing. So they opened a case with BRP to see what happens. They finally heard back from the mothership. BRP said this was a non authorized dealer promotion only. It is not something that BRP is doing or endorsing. End of story as far as BRP is concerned.

bikerbillone
06-10-2020, 10:50 AM
Interesting, my dealer has a case open as well, I look forward to the some response.....Oh well, it is what it is, no shame in trying.

Longtimer
06-10-2020, 09:13 PM
I would like to know when you who got a two year add-on did you get at the time of purchase of you Snyder. I got mine at the end of April and they are telling me.that mine does not qualify. But on May 20.I called can.am and they told me I qualify and to call my dealer and have them to fill out the paper work when they did they called me back and said I did not qualify . so I called can am today and was told that was a May thing and they would not ex my warranty I told them what I read on this form that people that brought. There a couple of months ago was getting them now and they told me it was not happening and has never happen. onced the promo is done it is done and they do not make exceptions. Let me know if this is true. Thanks

KX5062
06-11-2020, 08:31 AM
That's basically what I was told, so I'd put it in the "true" category.

Benmannino
06-11-2020, 10:22 AM
My dealer said it was a May offer, I bought mine in April. He said June is a $1000 dollar off a new bike that BRP is running. I asked them to just please ask BRP for me. Suggestions? Thoughts?

bikerbillone
06-11-2020, 10:40 AM
I think we are all are whistling into the wind thinking that BRP is somehow gonna be Santa.

Kingz
06-16-2020, 09:07 AM
Just picked up a 2020 Limited last week and dealer says he knows nothing about this. I'm going to push a little more and follow this thread.

ARtraveler
06-16-2020, 10:41 AM
See post #32 above. All this comes from a dealer promotion, and non-authorized by BRP. Don't get too mad if BRP does not kick in on this one. :bowdown:

PW2013STL
06-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Just picked up a 2020 Limited last week and dealer says he knows nothing about this. I'm going to push a little more and follow this thread.

You should have gotten a $1000 rebate. Use part of that to get 3 years. That's what I did.

Copperman
06-16-2020, 01:00 PM
All this comes from a dealer promotion, and non-authorized by BRP.

I took delivery of my 2020 RT Limited, Dark on March 26, 2020 and learned of the additional 24 month warranty promotion sometime around May 10th. I contacted BRP Customer Service and asked them if I was eligible. I was told it was a BRP promotion and your dealer needed to request it on your behalf. CS also said it was from BRP and there was no cost to the dealer. I contacted my dealer and told him what I learned. He didn't know anything about it but said he'd look into it. About a week later I received an email from my dealer saying I got it. On May 22nd, I received an email from BRP with all the information pertaining to my 24 month B.E.S.T. extended warranty. This was at no cost to me.

It appears that promotion was a limited time offer and quite a few people were able to take advantage of it. It also looks like there were quite a few people who were unable to take advantage of it. Time to move on.

bikerbillone
06-16-2020, 04:13 PM
Agree Copperman, my dealer contacted the BRP rep, he didn't know, but said he would check, no response, then opened a case with BRP that was over a month ago, no response. I think this subject is toast.

Tango
06-20-2020, 11:25 AM
After seeing the dates, I'm toast also. :banghead: Just my luck. LOL :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

bikerbillone
06-20-2020, 11:31 AM
Tango, sorry 'bout that, but the head banging is done, I had to look at that way to sooth my tattered nerves and not injure my head further.