PDA

View Full Version : Can Am or Bombardier??

CVRyder
08-07-2009, 10:52 PM
I am a new Spyder owner and am having a problem with my insurance company in that their software identifies CamAm as the manufacturer of the Spyder, not Bombardier.

However, the dealer listed Bombardier as the manufacturer of the Spyder on their paperwork. And because of the dealer paperwork, DMV also registered it as a Bombardier/Spyder. The problem is, the registration and the insurance forms have to match not only the VIN number, but also the manufacturer. Otherwise DMVs computer says I do not have insurance. In my case, at the moment, they don't match.

Now, who's screwed up, my dealer or my insurance company?

So, what does the dealer normally put on the registration, Can Am or Bombardier?

DannyS
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Your dealer is right Bombardier Recreational Products is the manufacturer (BRP). Can Am is the Line and Spyder Roadster GS is the model. You need to have your insurance agent call someone and get the Software changed If the give you flack just send them to the BRP website. http://www.brp.com/en-US/BrandSelect.htmwelcome

Firefly
08-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Your dealer is right Bombardier Recreational Products is the manufacturer (BRP). Can Am is the Line and Spyder Roadster GS is the model. You need to have your insurance agent call someone and get the Software changed If the give you flack just send them to the BRP website. http://www.brp.com/en-US/BrandSelect.htmwelcome
:agree:

And if your insurance is unwilling or unable to do this----- I would find a different insurance company.

Bersquack
08-08-2009, 02:29 AM
:agree:+1

j45p3r
08-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Another way to look at it is that I drive a Chevy pickup truck, which is manufactured by General Motors, however, DMV and my insurance list the manufacturer as Chevrolet.

Dragonrider
08-08-2009, 10:20 AM
My insurance company initially listed my SE as a CanAm, then later changed it to Bomdardier, and sent me a check for $235 for over payment.... follow the money..