PDA

View Full Version : scorpian I600 alarm

smokster
08-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Have it but does not give good protection up front.
Anyone use this alarm on the Spyder?

SSPSpyder
08-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I have it - the perimeter sensor is located in the tail behind the seat. I suppose it could be moved to the center of the bike depending on if there is any slack in the wiring harness, which on mine is specific to the Spyder.
Also, if I remember correctly from reading the manual once, the range of the sensor is adjustable.

ameobe
08-08-2009, 12:31 PM
We have it as well & the perimeter sensor is real sensitive, can't park or walk by it with out it setting it off.nojoke
Never have looked to see if it adjustable.

smokster
08-08-2009, 09:30 PM
We have it as well & the perimeter sensor is real sensitive, can't park or walk by it with out it setting it off.nojoke
Never have looked to see if it adjustable.
It is adjustable, but the sensor does not cover the front trunk area very well.
Does it for you?

ameobe
08-09-2009, 10:46 AM
If you move in slow motion you can just about make it to the trunk. I have the antenna pulled straight up between the brake light housing.

lightman02
08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
My sensor is located on top of the battery box area. You can stand next to the bike, walk around it, but as soon as you lean over it or go to sit on it, it will alarm, thats exactly what I wanted and to this day never got a false alarm.

SSPSpyder
08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
My sensor is located on top of the battery box area. You can stand next to the bike, walk around it, but as soon as you lean over it or go to sit on it, it will alarm, thats exactly what I wanted and to this day never got a false alarm.

Did you set the sensor? My alarm was installed by the dealer when I bought the Spyder and they set the range. (I'm just too lazy to get the manual out I guess!)

lightman02
08-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Did you set the sensor? My alarm was installed by the dealer when I bought the Spyder and they set the range. (I'm just too lazy to get the manual out I guess!)

Nope, I left it at it's stock setting, if you want to adjust it I beileve the adjustment is on the sensor it-self. It's alittle screw or knob on top that lets you adjust it.

smokster
08-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Nope, I left it at it's stock setting, if you want to adjust it I beileve the adjustment is on the sensor it-self. It's alittle screw or knob on top that lets you adjust it.
Even at its most sensitive with the antenna under the seat and electrical for the tailights, it does not sensor the front of the Spyder.

lightman02
08-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Even at its most sensitive with the antenna under the seat and electrical for the tailights, it does not sensor the front of the Spyder.

I'm confused, you do the know the sensor is a seperate piece from the main alram unit, the antenna has nothing to do with the sensor at all, only the key fob distance. As for me I don't care about the front so much I rather know if somone is sitting on my bike or doing something stupid. I serioulsy doubt someone is going to try to break into the front. However if you want that type of protection you may need to move the sensor way towards the front area. Maybee try it in the front pod (where the headlights are)