PDA

View Full Version : broken rack

Neez
08-07-2009, 08:46 PM
When I started to carry a passenger, my troubles began with my Industries 7 rack. I have Givi side cases and a V46 Monokey topcase. I previously posted the problem I had with the fender support arm coming into contact with projections on the rack, but I solved that with grinding a gusset and relocating a nut. Now the tube that supports the topcase and it's backrest pad has broken through at the attachment bolt slots. I could repair and strengthen this, but my wife has her eye on the BRP backrest and sport rack, which looks stronger. I have removed the portion of the rack that supports the topcase but retain the parts that support the side cases. Does any one know if these are compatible with the BRP setup? Also, would it be possible to switch over from backrest to topcase as occasion demanded? I don't mind a bit of modifying.

Dragonrider
08-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Go with the BRP - it's solid as a rock.

smokster
08-08-2009, 11:22 AM
When I started to carry a passenger, my troubles began with my Industries 7 rack. I have Givi side cases and a V46 Monokey topcase. I previously posted the problem I had with the fender support arm coming into contact with projections on the rack, but I solved that with grinding a gusset and relocating a nut. Now the tube that supports the topcase and it's backrest pad has broken through at the attachment bolt slots. I could repair and strengthen this, but my wife has her eye on the BRP backrest and sport rack, which looks stronger. I have removed the portion of the rack that supports the topcase but retain the parts that support the side cases. Does any one know if these are compatible with the BRP setup? Also, would it be possible to switch over from backrest to topcase as occasion demanded? I don't mind a bit of modifying.
Try the Kewlmetal rack, it works great with my Givi46

jeff0110
08-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a back rest for sale. $175 plus shipping. I barely used it. My wife has her own bike now. I think they are $300 new in box.

jeff0110
08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
oops sorry I guess my wife says not to sell it just in case we end up with only one bike again.