PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled...

NewRider
08-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Okay, you Oregon Spyder ryders...where the heck are you hiding?:dontknow:

I used to live in Brookings, but moved to Indiana. That doesn't mean I've forgotten my beloved Beaver State, where I was born and raised...in Tillamook, Salem and Eugene...

NewRider:spyder:

Dragonrider
08-12-2009, 11:43 PM
welcome

I live in Tualatin & commute on the Spyder. I've seen another one - once - a long time ago - once - perhaps.... :roflblack:

NewRider
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Strange...I would have thought Spyders would be quite popular in Oregon. Heaven knows there are some superb places to ride...

:dontknow:

pathfinderjoe
08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I've been riding my Spyder since last Feb. Have ridden over 7,000 miles. I have only seen 1 other Spyder on the road and that was up in Seattle. The wife and I just returned from a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier Parks (2087) miles, not another Spyder in sight. The spyder was quite the object of conversation whenever we stopped. While we were stopped in Yellowstone to take pics of some buffalo people were taking pics of us on the spyder. Ride the spyder weekly - to Portland or to the coast. Riding a spyder around here definitely makes you an odd-ball. Maybe I'll change my log-in name from Pathfinderjoe (has nothing to do with any SUV) to the -Lone Ranger.

Dragonrider
08-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Well, Lone, I had a guy stop in the middle of the street to stop me to talk about the Spyder, where did I buy it, etc... I'm sure there's another red one around, but I've only seen it once - - and, I still use my LT on long rides, even though I commute 50 miles a day on the Spyder..

NewRider
08-15-2009, 08:23 AM
When I was signing the papers for my yellow SE5, the dealer folks warned me...every place I stopped...people would come out of the woodwork, wanting to know about my Spyder. They were S-O-O-O right! Heck, I've even had drivers roll down their windows at a stoplight to ask me about it...

Doug:2thumbs:

Dragonrider
08-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I actually saw another Spyder on I205 in Portland this week!!! There are at least two of us!!! :roflblack:

Dyno824
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
We are here and seem to see more and more.Sure took alot of pressure off me,ive had my Spyder since Feb 08.Even had to order from dealer in Redding no dealers in Oregon at that time.We have 5 Spyders in this area,that i know of 1 of which is a very nice lady riding a sm5.Oregon is a great place to ride any bike.On the other site Spyder Talk i had them add Oregon to there site and had little response so kinda let it go.Any body passing thru or would like some tips on good rides PM me. Dennis

NewRider
09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear more Spyders popping up in Oregon!:clap: I moved here from Brookings, a little over two years ago. (Why would I leave the Southern Oregon Coast, for a farm town in Indiana? Her name is Kathy.;))

As it happens, Kathy and I are considering moving from Indiana, to Central Oregon...Bend, Redmond, Prineville area. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. I will say this: the Chambers of Commerce for that area does a VERY effective job of promoting it!:f_spider:

Dragonrider
09-18-2009, 10:20 PM
That area has some of the best bike roads in the country. I've been on most, and I've been in most parts of North America - even ridden in the Alps... (must admit that BC & Alberta have some sweet riding too...)

pathfinderjoe
09-19-2009, 01:41 AM
I saw one!! Saw another spyder last weekend while we were riding back from Mt St Helen's. Were one of you forum readers riding a yellow spyder east of Cougar last weekend?

Dragonrider
09-20-2009, 10:46 AM
I've seen another red one, and a silver one, but not a yellow one!!!

SpydOR
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I am probably the red one you saw on the 205. I live in SE Portland and commute to work in Wilsonville.

Dragonrider
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
I go the other way - Live in Tualatin & work just our side of the river... Attached a Pic for next time we cross paths...

R C Boyd
12-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I live in Lincoln City. I have had my bike since Jan 09. I have only seen a few bikes in the area since Jan. Mine is Red SE5. Really great so far

Dragonrider
01-04-2010, 01:38 PM
We're going to do an Otis Cafe run when the weather lets up a bit. I'll let you know when

AntelopeSpyder
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I've been riding my Spyder since last Feb. Have ridden over 7,000 miles. I have only seen 1 other Spyder on the road and that was up in Seattle. The wife and I just returned from a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier Parks (2087) miles, not another Spyder in sight. The spyder was quite the object of conversation whenever we stopped. While we were stopped in Yellowstone to take pics of some buffalo people were taking pics of us on the spyder. Ride the spyder weekly - to Portland or to the coast. Riding a spyder around here definitely makes you an odd-ball. Maybe I'll change my log-in name from Pathfinderjoe (has nothing to do with any SUV) to the -Lone Ranger.

pathfinderjoe -
I am planning a trip to Yellowstone the first part of June. Plan on riding our new RT, if I can get it in time. ( Need to sell GW before I can order :spyder2:) Any words of wisdom about making a trip to Yellowstone? What time of year did you go, and how was the weather? Also my wife and I were raised in southern Oregon (Cave Junction area)

Kath 3-4ME
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm the same as you, where are the Spyder riders?
I must be the only one in Utah and a chick lol.
It is great fun to watch the heads turn to see what the heck (Utah) not that it's also bright as* yellow to lol
:spyder:
Kath

Roaddog2
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm the same as you, where are the Spyder riders?
I must be the only one in Utah and a chick lol.
It is great fun to watch the heads turn to see what the heck (Utah) not that it's also bright as* yellow to lol
Kathwelcome

8LEGS
01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Kath

welcome

Dragonrider
01-23-2010, 01:55 PM
IN, CT, UT…?? I never realized Oregon was THAT big??? :roflblack::roflblack:

I guess, since there are only two or three of us with Spyders out here, it's kind of a blank sheet to use….

Well, it's over 40 & NOT raining, so time to ryde!

USMCSgt
01-25-2010, 12:03 AM
PathFinder that was me...I was the yellow spyder near Mt. St Helens. Sorry it took so long to respond I logged in and then forgot to respond...hahahaha:2thumbs:

Dragonrider
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey USMC ... be sure to add your $0.02 regarding the local dealers. I've had a number of folks stop me and ask questions - I always send them to the forum...

8 Legged Freak
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
RT-S in Beaverton now

Dragonrider
02-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Looks like there may be a few around - I understand there have been 40 sold by the dealers in Oregon - but you sure don't see them.

Hope you got to ride this weekend!

NewRider
03-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Heck, being from Oregon originally...I make people's eyes bug out, when I point out Oregon is THREE times the size of Indiana. Then I get a few grins and giggles, pointing out there are places you can ride in Oregon...and the only thing you'll see are jackrabbits mating...:joke:

Sigh...I sure miss my dear old Beaver State...:gaah:

Dyno824
06-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Hello there Dragonrider.Havent been back to this site in awhile probaly do to lack of riders,sure would be neat to get a few or as many as we can for a ride some where some time this summer, is it summer yet?Whata you or others think. This Saturday there will be a Poker Run for Toys for Tykes and a Barbacue food included, Meet Coos Cycle, Bayshore Blvd Coos Bay 9-10 am till midnight so it says so there will be Music at the food Locale Greenspot Coos Bay after Poker Run cost 15.00 including food maybe see you other Sypder Riders There. Dennis

Questions
06-20-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm in Eastern OR - saw one with a WA plate here in Eastern OR once

Dragonrider
06-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I bought my Spyder in Bend - by far the best deal in the area - but I haven't been back over there with it yet. Probably won't until later in the season… Found some great roads around here, if anyone's interested.

I love Coos Bay & Bandon, but the weather has got to get better, before I'll head down there on a bike!!

VaughnCat
06-21-2010, 11:29 AM
We're in the Grants Pass/Cave Junction area, and our weekend rides take us regularly to the coast, Crescent City or Brookings; or over the hill to Happy Camp and follow the river to Yreka. Last weekend we rode from Brookings up to Bandon, then over to Roseburg and south on I-5. Anywhere within a 350 mile radius is a great day trip.

Right after we got the RT, we spotted a yellow Spyder and a few weeks later, a white one, both at the main intersection heading out towards the coast.

Our dealer (Ted @ WaterWorld in Medford) says he knows there are about 30 Spyders in this area, but we have never seen another Spyder while we've been out riding. I can see I-5 from my office in Grants Pass and have never seen one even passing by.....

. . . .but I know they're out there . . . somewhere . . . .

Dragonrider
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
There were three of us at our "meet & greet", & I've seen one other Spyder in the Portland area. I really think most of these sit in a garage and rarely see the road.

Did the Clackamas river loop (Estacada to Detroit lake) with a couple of two wheeled friends. Was a great ride, and with the dozens of other bikes, I had the only Spyder..

I've a good friend who's ordering a RT next month from the new dealer in Boise - I'm sure he'll ride it over, when it arrives.

Someone asked about Yellowstone - the best time to go is early September. Good weather, and NO kids. Roads and motels are pretty open..

8 Legged Freak
06-25-2010, 09:32 PM
I was at the meet and greet. Other than that I have only seen 2 other Spyders up here. Both were RSs, one was by Nike and the other on I5 by the PIR exit.

I do know that my Spyder can only come out and play when I am not at work. Have to drive company car, M-F but Spyder is out to play on week-ends.

Slybird
10-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Oh, well! Better late than never.....
Bought my Black RT-S SE5 on August 25th from SK Northwest in Portland and have close to 3,000 miles on it so far. In years past, I've been an Iron Butt ryder (competed in and finished the 2001 Iron Butt Rally) and plan on putting my RT to the test. Rode it to Street Vibrations last month. Handled like a dream. Pushed it to the limit through the twisties on the way to Virginia City. Handled MUCH better than expected. Anyway, I'm here in S.E. Portland looking for excuses to ryde! :yes:

8 Legged Freak
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I have been seeing a black RT on Murray Blvd the last couple of weeks, anybody on here?

spyderdan
02-15-2011, 01:15 AM
I'll be at the Rally this June, any other Spyders planning on making that trip?:welcome:

Dragonrider
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
8-L - that Black RT was probably mine - you may notice the changed Avatar… just couldn't get comfortable on my RS, so I sold it last fall & I got a great deal on a used RT S SE5 with 1800 miles on the clock..

BTW, what June gathering?? Where?? I'm going to go to Spydergirl's gathering in August (briefly), then back to prep for my trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons in September. Going to trailer there & spend a week in the parks on the Spyder.. :yes::clap:

The RT's headed for the shop in early March to fix a coolant leak, but any nice weather after that, I'd be up for a meet somewhere with the locals...

sealfloorboards
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
I live in Newberg with my yellow '09 RS SE5 but am currently riding around Puerto Vallarta, Mx. Will return in early April, then off to SpyderFest as a vendor and party lover. Will be looking for help in finding a good deal on a RT SE5 when I get back to Oregon. Yes is beautiful riding country.

Hi Bill and Scott. looking forward to seeing you guys.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

NewRider
03-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I've been ranting about moving back to Oregon, after my spouse retires. We decided against the Bend-Redmond area, as housing prices were too outrageous to consider.

Now eyeballing Wallowa County, and/or Prairie City...guaranteed I'll likely never see a Spyder in those parts.:joke:

Dragonrider
03-11-2011, 11:21 AM
You would be surprised. BTW, housing in Bend has tanked - prices have (in a few cases) dropped as much as 70%

spyderdan
03-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Slybird and I will be heading up to this meet on April 2nd, anyone else from Oregon making the journey?

Dragonrider
03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Never heard of it before... Have guests in from Boise that weekend, & none of us will ride in the rain, if there's a choice....

Spyder Couple
05-31-2011, 10:22 PM
We live in Forest Grove.

We have a 2011 Obital Blue RT-S with trailer hitch.

Dragonrider
06-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Are you going to Eureka in August?

8 Legged Freak
06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I am, can't wait. Should be a good time.