PDA

View Full Version : Engine seals and gaskets

meerkat
05-23-2020, 08:20 PM
I have a 2019 spyder RT L and am thinking about getting an extended warranty . The dealer tells me that warranty does not cover seals and gaskets . Also is the engine take down covered or not ? Anyone have any experience in this area? Thanks in advance, Clint

SpyderAnn01
05-23-2020, 08:37 PM
I had a bearing go on my 14 RT that required the engine to be pulled and it was covered under BEST.

JayBros
05-23-2020, 08:57 PM
Call BRP directly at 888-272-9222 and ask to speak to someone about the B.E.S.T. extended warranty. Ask them to direct you to the link that lists everything covered by the extended warranty. One used to be able to read all the fine print online but they've changed the whole web site and I don't know where it is now found, if it's still there buried somewhere.

TONYO
05-24-2020, 10:14 AM
My dealership said an oil leak was covered. B E S T

billybovine
05-24-2020, 10:21 AM
There may be some confusion here. It is my understanding that BEST warranty by BRP, is not sold in Florida. So what warranty company was the dealer trying to sell you a policy for and did he give you a copy of the terms.

meerkat
05-24-2020, 01:38 PM
I had a bearing go on my 14 RT that required the engine to be pulled and it was covered under BEST.

I was referring to seals and gaskets .

JayBros
05-24-2020, 01:39 PM
You can purchase a B.E.S.T. extended warranty from any BRP dealership in the country but dealers can't sell them in FL, something in the law about the prohibition. Bert's Mega Mall has one of the best, pun intended, deals on them. Shop around and you have until your original factory warranty expires to make the purchase. FL BRP dealerships must honor a B.E.S.T. warranty