PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT Ltd - will Ent harness enable XM radio on Garmin 665?

AbNormy
05-22-2020, 07:00 PM
Bought a 14 RT ltd came with a Zumo 660. Wanted to add XM with a 665 like I had on my 2012. Bought it, installed it, but it still doesn't see it! Dealer said I need the Entertainment Harness so I bought that and went to install it only the wire goes to the Bluetooth dongle shown on the left side and it looks like it'll do away with the Bluetooth Harness I got from Motorcycle Dave. So I asked the dealer again and he showed me a $500 XM radio they make that I'm guessing this harness is for. Does anyone know for sure if the current Entertainment harness will enable XM radio on a Garmin Zumo 665 or if I have to get a custom harness made or what? I got the back end apart to install it and I'm realizing it probably wont work. Argh! Or maybe it will and I'm just not looking at it right? Help?!

ThreeWheels
05-22-2020, 07:20 PM
On the 14, I think the GPS connector is in the back just in front of the right side bag. There should be a switched power connection as well as a connection for the audio out of your GPS into the motorcycle audio system. I think that's where the radio is located also. I don't think you need the entertainment harness for the GPS, but I could be wrong.

Peter Aawen
05-22-2020, 07:38 PM
Have you given Motorcycle Dave a call? He's very knowledgeable about this sort of stuff and is usually happy to help! :thumbup:

AbNormy
05-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Have you given Motorcycle Dave a call? He's very knowledgeable about this sort of stuff and is usually happy to help! :thumbup:

i did he said to use my phone for Xm! but that they're trying to come up with a harness to do just that. I already have his harness for my SM10 dongle and the entertainment harness the dealer sold me does away with his and doesnt look right it has that lead for the dongle on the left side of the harness not the right. entertainment harness has CB connectors supposed to plug off if not using and the xm connectors on it dont have anything to hook to on the bike harness on either side. so im assuming thats where theyre XM radio is supposed to connect. but i could be looking at it wrong. it sure is a lot of work to hook in you have to undo whole back end and lift it up to connect the harness they sell you. lots of tupperware. but it all needed to be cleaned back there i can tell you. those dirt roads and are not good you get pounds of dust back there

trikermutha
05-23-2020, 12:36 PM
The 660 harness that came with the Spyder will not work for XM or Traffic on the 665.

You will need the correct harness for the 665 Garmin to get XM and Traffic.

Some have just replaced the small board in the cradle and or moved a pin.

There was a Thread on this topic.

The Harness is expensive if you are going to replace it to a 665 harness.

I have replaced my 660 harness to use my 665 garmin for traffic and weather.