PDA

View Full Version : Roller for belt tensioner

gerald37
05-22-2020, 05:50 PM
I can not get a reply from Lamonster. I want to know if his new roller fits the belt tenioner that Doc's sells. I purchased a belt tenioner from Doc a couple years ago. I thought I would replace the roller with the new larger one of Lamonster's. I don't want to order if it don't fit. Does anyone know if it will fit?

bmccaffrey
05-22-2020, 06:08 PM
Try spyderlovers on facebook. His site and you can PM him.

He responded to me on Tuesday from there.

gerald37
05-22-2020, 07:59 PM
Is anyone using smoothspyder belt tensioner? What is the most trouble free tensioner on the market. I have very little vibration on my spyder so I don't want something that could damage my belt.i had one of Doc's tensioner's on my 2015 RT for over 25,000 miles with no problem but I hear so many that do.

PW2013STL
05-22-2020, 09:46 PM
I would be very surprised if Lamont's roller would fit. Lamont made it to fit the BRP arm and that looks differant than Doc's.

papanorm
05-23-2020, 05:21 AM
I’m using a Smoothspyder tensioner for the past 4 years 2016 F3L at 23,000 miles still works great.

larryd
05-23-2020, 09:09 AM
I'm also running the Smoothspyder tensioner since 2014 on my 2014 RTS and NEVER had any type of problem...larryd

Mazo EMS2
05-23-2020, 02:35 PM
I can not get a reply from Lamonster. I want to know if his new roller fits the belt tenioner that Doc's sells. I purchased a belt tenioner from Doc a couple years ago. I thought I would replace the roller with the new larger one of Lamonster's. I don't want to order if it don't fit. Does anyone know if it will fit?

I believe this was asked before, but I can't find the thread. The size of the shaft/bolt and bushing of Lamonster's roller requires a little more structure than what Doc's offers. I was going to do the same upgrade, but Lamonster sells the whole thing for a good price, so I opted for his tensioner instead

MNBK
05-23-2020, 04:37 PM
I had asked the question several months ago and the answer is no it will not work. You will need to get a new belt tensioner from one of the vendors.

gerald37
05-23-2020, 06:40 PM
I believe this was asked before, but I can't find the thread. The size of the shaft/bolt and bushing of Lamonster's roller requires a little more structure than what Doc's offers. I was going to do the same upgrade, but Lamonster sells the whole thing for a good price, so I opted for his tensioner instead

I have not heard anything from Lamonster but I went a head and order a complete new BRP tensioner with the new roller. I thought about getting the smoothspyder tensioner. But with the new larger roller the BRP should stand up okay.

eddieshep999
05-24-2020, 03:52 PM

See this post - I posted it today

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?132017-Roller-upgrade-for-Doc-Humphries-Vibration-Damper

gerald37
05-27-2020, 08:02 AM
See this post - I posted it today

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?132017-Roller-upgrade-for-Doc-Humphries-Vibration-Damper

I have a complete belt tenioner with the new larger roller coming from Lomonster. After reading all the information about the bearings I am not sure I am going to install it. I don't have that much vibration to chance a problem with the roller. I can't believe that the bearings aren't better than they say they are. How about the Smoothspyder tensioner would the bearings be any different?